Jeff Beck's "Wired"....now available as multi-channel hybrid SACD from Japan Sony

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely great news for all of us Quaddies, but I still have not purchased the "Beck, Bogert, & Appice" SACD because of how expensive it is, and this one should cost about the same. I think I will need to wait on some reviews before ordering, but maybe now I can find a way to bundle an order together for both "BBA" and "Wired" to try and save some dough! :)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cool::cool::cool::brew:worthy:worthy:worthy:upthumb:banana::banana::banana::cool::cool::cool::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

My hands-down favortite Jeff Beck album. Can you tell?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cool::cool::cool::brew:worthy:worthy:worthy:upthumb:banana::banana::banana::cool::cool::cool::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

My hands-down favortite Jeff Beck album. Can you tell?

WOW! Love this post..!!! :worthy

A QQ work of art..!!! :smokin

MANHUG for (((((((((((((((zabble))))))))))))))))

I LOVE this series!!! Ordered.

Same.. out of appreciation, I am going to save up some pennies (or rob a bank) and buy up the others in this series... if they were all like this, or Sony Japan were to reissue all their cool old Quads in such fabulous fashion, I'd stop whingeing like a biyatch about MFSL and all those other wallies...!!

Same.. out of appreciation, I am going to save up some pennies (or rob a bank) and buy up the others in this series... if they were all like this, or Sony Japan were to reissue all their cool old Quads in such fabulous fashion, I'd stop whingeing like a biyatch about MFSL and all those other wallies...!!

I'm even thinking of buying "The Jeff Beck Group" (with the Orange on the cover) just to complete the collection (Been holding off since I have the AF SACD... but, damn, I'd really like to see the WHOLE collection on my shelf!!)

This is definitely great news for all of us Quaddies, but I still have not purchased the "Beck, Bogert, & Appice" SACD because of how expensive it is, and this one should cost about the same. I think I will need to wait on some reviews before ordering, but maybe now I can find a way to bundle an order together for both "BBA" and "Wired" to try and save some dough! :)

If it felt like there were a possibility of another label doing this one in Quad domestically then I might not be so gung-ho and would definitely hold back from taking the pricey plunge on this one.. but Analogue Productions have done their Wired SACD (Stereo only) already, AF said they won't be going there (initially due to poor tapes but now AP have released it on SACD = never in a month of Sundays!) and as for Sony U.S or Europe doing this in Quad? Fahgeddabouddit..! :ugham:

So, this Japanese release with its OBI is our only hope.. Obi wan..!!:D

I'm even thinking of buying "The Jeff Beck Group" (with the Orange on the cover) just to complete the collection (Been holding off since I have the AF SACD... but, damn, I'd really like to see the WHOLE collection on my shelf!!)

I like the cut of your jib... DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT..!! :D

Well........3 Words!!!!!!!!!

WILL........................... BE............................... MINE

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Sony Japan :cool:

Pre-ordered!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Gotta say, totally stoked (as they say! :eek:) about this one..

very familiar with the Wired Quad mixes in SQ form (one of my most played SQ LPs - out of 250+ of the buggers - by far) quite quite different to the Stereo (and in almost all instances, on nearly every track, the Quad is better imho) sound quality of the Quad is better than the Stereo too.. and everything is so exciting and engaging, guitar delays and synth interplay with guitar parts flit about all over the place from front to back, just wonderful..

..even the second to least whizz bang wallop track on it, the sensational "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat", is a surround stunner, there's a gorgeous sense of space about it somewhat lacking on the 2-channel by comparison.. there's a delicacy and a drama about the way the Quad is laid out for that track (guitar spread across the rears initially which then moves up to the front once the track gets going, keys accented in rears, drums across the front pair, apart from little tom fills and crashes that momentarily occupy the space of the 4 channels in places and everything has just the right amount of reverb about it, not cavernously wet, not bone dry, just right.. cymbals are particularly lovely on that track in the Quad too..

..one of the tracks, "Come Dancing", has some synth noodling towards the end of the track that is dialled right down in the Quad (it is there in the Rear Left channel but very muted in volume) but other than that I can think of no negatives or glaring omissions with the Quad, in places it presents this fabulous album very differently to the Stereo.. which for some may be a point of controversy but not for me, I love it in Quad so much!

There are several ultra discrete tracks, great for people who love whizz bang Quad (though no 360 degree pans) I think "Blue Wind" and "Play With Me" are probably the most Surround-y with different stuff going on all at the same time in all 4 channels, its a riot! Put it this way, you're never left wondering if you're listening to surround with this Quad..! :D

November can't come soon enough! Thank you Sony Japan..! and.. Happy Christmas to.. ME..!!! :smokin

HOLY F*****G F**KBALLS!!!

Adam's probably said more than enough about this one but it's easily one of my favourite quad mixes ever, and it it's also one of those quads that makes the stereo mix sound like a demo done on a 4-track cassette machine by comparison. There are also at least a couple of tracks that feature alternate solos as well (which I think are better than the ones they used on the stereo version) so it's almost like getting alternate takes of some of the songs.

The fact that the BBA SACD out of Japan recently sounded so good gives me very very high hopes for this one. I think I suggested in the BBA SACD thread that Sony Japan might do this, but I didn't think it was going to be this year, or maybe even this decade. What a wonderful surprise!

do we know who the engineer(s) are behind these Sony Japan Quads?

it might be nice to reach out to them and say "thanks" maybe..?

(or "Arigato".. or whatever it is.. "BANZAI..!!!" :violin )

It'll be about $50 I think..
don't be a tight wad over it.. this is one of the essential late era Rock Quads.. imho.. come onnnn, EB... you know it makes sense! ;) ;)

THAT'S funny! I'm in for both this one and BBA, cost be damned! I have both on vinyl from when originally released along with MoFi Wired CD and the original sub-standard BBA CD. These are essential records and I can't wait to hear them in this format.

Wow, awesome news! Jeff Beck is not at the top of my wish list, but I think I will eventually get around to buying all his surround releases. So, do I understand correctly that now we have:

Blow by Blow - 5.1 SACD from 13 years ago
Orange - Quad AF SACD from last year (or earlier this year?)
Wired - coming up Quad SACD from Sony Japan

Pardon me if I'm getting this wrong, I haven't really been keeping track. Anyway, anything I'm missing?

Funny to see this artist's multichannel releases spread across so much time and so many pulishers :)

Back