Jeff Beck's "Wired"....now available as multi-channel hybrid SACD from Japan Sony

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, awesome news! Jeff Beck is not at the top of my wish list, but I think I will eventually get around to buying all his surround releases. So, do I understand correctly that now we have:

Blow by Blow - 5.1 SACD from 13 years ago
Orange - Quad AF SACD from last year (or earlier this year?)
Wired - coming up Quad SACD from Sony Japan

Pardon me if I'm getting this wrong, I haven't really been keeping track. Anyway, anything I'm missing?

Funny to see this artist's multichannel releases spread across so much time and so many pulishers :)

There's also the "Beck Bogert & Appice" Multichannel SACD, also released this year from Sony Japan. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, awesome news! Jeff Beck is not at the top of my wish list, but I think I will eventually get around to buying all his surround releases. So, do I understand correctly that now we have:

Pardon me if I'm getting this wrong, I haven't really been keeping track. Anyway, anything I'm missing?

Funny to see this artist's multichannel releases spread across so much time and so many pulishers :)

It's actually even more complicated than that, as a bunch of these have been rereleased more than once:

1972 'Orange' - AF 4.0 SACD, 2016 Sony Japan 5.1 SACD
1973 'Beck Bogert & Appice' - 1998 HDS 5.1 DTS CD, 2016 Sony Japan 5.1 SACD
1975 'Blow By Blow' - early 2000's Sony US 5.1 SACD, 2014 Sony Japan 5.1 SACD (straight clone of US version), 2016 AP 5.1 SACD (w/phase corrected rear channels)
1976 'Wired' - 2016 MoFi (stereo-only) SACD, Upcoming Nov. 2016 Sony Japan 5.1 SACD

This leaves 1971's 'Rough And Ready' as the only Jeff Beck quad mix that hasn't seen digital release yet. It was pictured in one of the inserts that came with some with the recent BBA and 'Orange' SACDs from Sony Japan, so it doesn't seem to be out of the realm of possibility that it could be next. I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of the cover of Argent's 'In Deep' in there too - that would make a fabulous surround SACD as well.

This is everything I can find for these albums in Hi-Res and/or Surround the last 16 years;

Blow By Blow (Sony ES 33409 ) Single Layer Stereo SACD 2000
Blow By Blow (Sony ES 85540 ) Single Layer MultiCh SACD 2001
Blow By Blow (Sony Europe 502181 9) Hybrid MultiCh SACD 2003
Blow By Blow (Sony Japan EICP 10001) Hybrid MultiCh SACD 2014
Blow By Blow (Analogue Productions CAPP 078 SA) Hybrid MultiCh SACD 2016

Beck Bogert Appice (HDS A-28497 / 710215-4421-2-9) DTS CD 1997
Beck Bogert Appice (Sony Japan EICP 10002) Hybrid MultiCh SACD 2016

Orange album (Audio Fidelity AFZ5 219) Hybrid MultiCh SACD 2015
Orange album (Sony Japan EICP 10003) Hybrid MultiCh SACD 2016

Wired (Analogue Productions CAPP 081 SA) Hybrid Stereo SACD 2016
Wired (Sony Japan EICP 10004) Hybrid MultiCh SACD 2016

This also leaves the possibility of seeing a quad sacd of the 70's UNRELEASED/SHELVED :

JEFF BECK LIVE WITH JAN HAMMER disc. Announced and featured and priced to order in one of the last catalogue's published by "Everthing in Quad " dealer, Sound Concepts.

Only time will tell.(y)

It's actually even more complicated than that, as a bunch of these have been rereleased more than once:

1972 'Orange' - AF 4.0 SACD, 2016 Sony Japan 5.1 SACD
1973 'Beck Bogert & Appice' - 1998 HDS 5.1 DTS CD, 2016 Sony Japan 5.1 SACD
1975 'Blow By Blow' - early 2000's Sony US 5.1 SACD, 2014 Sony Japan 5.1 SACD (straight clone of US version), 2016 AP 5.1 SACD (w/phase corrected rear channels)
1976 'Wired' - Upcoming Nov. 2016 Sony Japan 5.1 SACD

This leaves 1971's 'Rough And Ready' as the only Jeff Beck quad mix that hasn't seen digital release yet. It was pictured in one of the inserts that came with some with the recent BBA and 'Orange' SACDs from Sony Japan, so it doesn't seem to be out of the realm of possibility that it could be next. I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of the cover of Argent's 'In Deep' in there too - that would make a fabulous surround SACD as well.

Rough & Ready and Argent Quads you say Dave..???

WOW..!! :yikes

Yes PLEASE....!!!! :banana:

"Its only money..
doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo..."
(etc)

That Argent Quad is a mix and a half, totally crazy... :confused:

This also leaves the possibility of seeing a quad sacd of the 70's UNRELEASED/SHELVED :

JEFF BECK LIVE WITH JAN HAMMER disc. Announced and featured and priced to order in one of the last catalogue's published by "Everthing in Quad " dealer, Sound Concepts.

Only time will tell.(y)

Duncan's lovely LP transfer did diddly squat thru the SQ vinyl Surround Master iirc.. so that would be luvverly jubbly, FizzyWizzyWorkWorkBangBang..!! :wave

I'm going to have to order this one!

I can see I'm going to have to stash some money away for my 4.0/5.1 purchases for after 1st Jan (or I could give up eating for a while after then!) because if the release rate carries on like this........ :mad:@:

Well it came in at £53 inc. tracked airmail, so BBA had £6.58 duty + £12 rip off handling, so I reckon it'll cost me around £72!!!! (so around US$94 for those of you non-UK to compare)

Edit: Actually makes the Floyd Early Years seem reasonably priced!

So what's the damage all in to you Duncan (incl customs)..?

Well it came in at £53 inc. tracked airmail, so BBA had £6.58 duty + £12 rip off handling, so I reckon it'll cost me around £72!!!! (so around US$94 for those of you non-UK to compare)

Edit: Actually makes the Floyd Early Years seem reasonably priced!

ABSURD, pricing, Duncan. Not to rub salt in the wound but I can buy almost 5 Audio Fidelity QUAD SACDs for that kind of $$$ in the States. But I'm also paying 4 or 5 times the property tax on the East Coast (New York) that my sister is paying in Southern California .... so we ALL get the screws, SOMEHOW.

As a small consolation, CDJapan is currently offering [for 3 days ONLY] extra 10% bonus points on in stock items (including some SHM~SACDs/mch SACDs) which will affect furture purchases http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/r...gn=gogai160917&pacid=C/GBp52kSeEsak9+HmTVPA==

One example: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIGY-15006

Unfortunately, pre~orders like the Jeff Beck Wired mch SACD are NOT included in this deal.

But, previous Jeff Beck mch SACDs are http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/EICP-10003

We've been hit by the fall in the £, but it used to be worse, when I first started buying surround discs in 2001 I'd get stung for import duty on the combined cost of the discs & postage and packing!

ABSURD, pricing, Duncan. Not to rub salt in the wound but I can buy 5 Audio Fidelity QUAD SACDs for that kind of $$$ in the States. But I'm also paying 4 or 5 times the property tax on the East Coast (New York) that my sister is paying in Southern California .... so we ALL get the screws, SOMEHOW.

As a small consolation, CDJapan is currently offering [for 3 days ONLY] 10% bonus points on in stock items (including some SHM~SACDs) which will affect furture purchases http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/r...gn=gogai160917&pacid=C/GBp52kSeEsak9+HmTVPA==

One example: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIGY-15006

Unfortunately, pre~orders like the Jeff Beck Wired mch SACD are NOT included in this deal.

But, previous Jeff Beck mch SACDs are http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/EICP-10003

Sooooooooooooooo many Bananas and well worth the extra Bananas

Just ordered :banana:

Snood happy Banana :cool:

I wonder what the price ceiling is for possible future AF surround product..?

I mean, if Audio Fidelity were to do very limited print runs of premium product like these Sony Japan Jeff Beck 7" SACDs, of major artists like Aerosmith, Santana, Edgar Winter, etc.. and the SACDs had the Surround/Quad on them.. what would be your limit?

Bearing in mind these Japanese Sony SACDs are $49 US (£37 GBP) before shipping etc..
and currently an AF SACD whether its surround or not retails at $24.99-$31 on Amazon.com..

..my question is; Would you stretch to $40 for an AF SACD with Surround on it..?

I wonder what the price ceiling is for possible future AF surround product..?

I mean, if Audio Fidelity were to do very limited print runs of premium product like these Sony Japan Jeff Beck 7" SACDs, of major artists like Aerosmith, Santana, Edgar Winter, etc.. and the SACDs had the Surround/Quad on them.. what would be your limit?

Bearing in mind these Japanese Sony SACDs are $49 US (£37 GBP) before shipping etc..
and currently an AF SACD whether its surround or not retails at $24.99-$31 on Amazon.com..

..my question is; Would you stretch to $40 for an AF SACD with Surround on it..?

Depending on the artist.....yes :cool:

Back