50 Classical Music Masterpieces on SHM-SACD - Reissues (Encore Pressing)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
50 Classical Music Masterpieces on SHM-SACD are being reissued in Japan on October 5, 2016. They seem to be Stereo only releases.

CDJapan Pre-Order page.

SHM-SACD%201_zpswj7tzl4j.jpg

SHM-SACD%202_zpsrsy1josy.jpg

SHM-SACD%203_zpsp8yd67yf.jpg

SHM-SACD%204_zpscvfg0rys.jpg

SHM-SACD%205_zpsmcjnuowk.jpg

SHM-SACD%206_zpsczmqeaxi.jpg

SHM-SACD%207_zps6je71kqm.jpg

SHM-SACD%208_zpsufkhk0t8.jpg

SHM-SACD%209_zpsbsyd45lv.jpg

SHM-SACD%2010_zpstfqgpbnn.jpg

SHM-SACD%2011_zpsftxyui3l.jpg

SHM-SACD%2012_zpskzdrthjv.jpg

SHM-SACD%2013_zpsvtlwrfoy.jpg

Pretty sure I've a few of these in Multichannel.. I imagine as usual (though I haven't checked) the prices the old OOP Surround discs would be going for now is in the region of batsville, looneyland (the Akiko Suwanai Sibelius was pricey at one point iirc.. unless demand has simmered down the last few years.. probably has, bit out of the SACD loop tbh) still its good to see stuff getting reissued for those that want it, even if stereo only.. :violin

looks like the Chopin Pollini 6 rows down even has Philips' cute little Surround logo in the bottom left hand corner..
bet its still stereo though.. ;) think that Lang Lang was surround too back in the day..

looks like the Chopin Pollini 6 rows down even has Philips' cute little Surround logo in the bottom left hand corner..
bet its still stereo though.. ;) think that Lang Lang was surround too back in the day..

Ironically, all of Row 6 down were released in 5.1 on SACD. I have all but the Pollini. Also the Kaori Muraji guitar recital as well (which I also have in 5.1): http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=2884 and http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=290 as well.

Have you check the center hub of your "Kaori Muraji - Transformations" SACD?

586121596_5d31c1df83.jpg

Mine is starting to crack. The SACD was made by the now-defunct Viva Magnetics out of Hong Kong.

I have my copy in front of me and [thankfully] it is not showing any signs of cracking. And it was mfg. in Hong Kong.

Back