AMP, Audio Dynamics B-200

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwb474

QQ Supporter
Audio Dynamics B-200

Rarity: Fairly Common

Just received a Audio Dynamics B-200 Power Amp. Audio Dynamics is an upscale division of DBX. The B-200 is a DBX BX-2 with wood side panels and gold rca jacks, a better overall finish. I got it new in the box for next to nothing ($300) for a piece of this build quality. Man is this thing heavy. The seller posted another one at a higher price. The amp can be configured for 2,3 or 4 channel operation.

Attachments

• B-200 FT.jpg
    B-200 FT.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 311
  • B-200 R.jpg
    B-200 R.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 277
Just received a Audio Dynamics B-200 Power Amp. Audio Dynamics is an upscale division of DBX. The B-200 is a DBX BX-2 with wood side panels and gold rca jacks, a better overall finish. I got it new in the box for next to nothing ($300) for a piece of this build quality. Man is this thing heavy. The seller posted another one at a higher price. The amp can be configured for 2,3 or 4 channel operation.
I know next to nothing about quad equipment and it's likely very common but I love those separate volume controls for all 4 speakers!

Audio Dynamics B-200

Rarity: Fairly Common

Very cool looking piece of equipment and quite versatile. How many Watts per channel does it output?

I was very much into DBX back in the day with its compander/expander. Sure beat the pants off of Dolby when it came to noise reduction. Even invested in DBX encoded Vinyl but that was short lived as the paucity of titles doomed the project from day 1.

Attached is the specs from the manual. I too had the DBX discs. Wish that the idea had taken off.

Great specs.

Had DBX replaced Dolby b and/or c in cassette replication, I think it would've been a different and more positive outcome but DBX vinyl discs would be more of a stretch in that they'd have to sign on ALL the major record companies for the concept to really take off. And we ALL know how that works!

Great specs.

Had DBX replaced Dolby b and/or c in cassette replication, I think it would've been a different and more positive outcome but DBX vinyl discs would be more of a stretch in that they'd have to sign on ALL the major record companies for the concept to really take off. And we ALL know how that works!

Got that! I needed more than the "Susann McDonald: The Virtuoso Harp" release to keep me in:).

Back