More publicizing of surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's possible that I get the chance doing a 5.1 mix of Marco Minnemann's new album Borrego (feat. Joe Satriani & Alex Lifeson)
He loves 5.1 and would like to have a 5.1 mix of his albums.
So if some of you are on Facebook you can push that in the right direction and ask for a 5.1 mix on his page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=737840888&fref=ts

Borrego is in my ears one of the best albums in this millennium; So great drums, guitars and arrangements. Variated and intense and it grows the more I hear it!

Released yesterday on:
Lazy Bones: http://lazybones.com/buy-stuff
PledgeMusic (where you’ll also receive exclusive video and audio bonus content):
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/marcominneman
You should also write to Dave Harris on Facebook. Apart from his own account, he's got one under Zee brand. He's remixed Zee's Identity album in stereo and most likely it'll be released in August.
I've chatted a couple of times with him about remixing Zee into surround too and he's fond of the idea, but that's how far we got.
Perhaps if you directly offer to him to remix his album you'll be able to convince him. It's not the best Rick Wright's album but I'd die to hear his isolated contributions.
Just an idea...

Good idea. Zee is an album I'd really like in 5.1, bought on Vinyl when it came out, took me a long time to track down on CD. Its more Pop-Rock than Prog-Rock, but I love it.

You should also write to Dave Harris on Facebook. Apart from his own account, he's got one under Zee brand. He's remixed Zee's Identity album in stereo and most likely it'll be released in August.
I've chatted a couple of times with him about remixing Zee into surround too and he's fond of the idea, but that's how far we got.
Perhaps if you directly offer to him to remix his album you'll be able to convince him. It's not the best Rick Wright's album but I'd die to hear his isolated contributions.
Just an idea...

Good idea. Zee is an album I'd really like in 5.1, bought on Vinyl when it came out, took me a long time to track down on CD. Its more Pop-Rock than Prog-Rock, but I love it.
That's one more thing I learned from Dave: Identity was never released on CD. The one we have with EMI's label on it is a fake coming from a vinyl rip. I've been fooled for years with the copy I have

My CD was an Australian Import - might be fake, but doesn't sound like vinyl and no EMI logo anywhere.

Identity-2.jpg

Artists don't always know what has happened to their music. Andy Latimer was surprised that the Decca re-releases of Camel albums had extra tracks on that he hadn't authorised.

That's one more thing I learned from Dave: Identity was never released on CD. The one we have with EMI's label on it is a fake coming from a vinyl rip. I've been fooled for years with the copy I have

Good idea gentlemen!
Normally I don't like listen to pop music or much from the 80'ties (raised with the music of the 70'ties), but Zee - Identity have been one of the albums I love. Very special in it's own way. Pink Floyd has always been one of my favorite bands and Broken China one of my favorite solo albums. Richard Wrights influence on the early Floyd & Zee too is for me so splendid!
I've send Dave Harris a pm on fb
Thanks for the info & hint!:cool:

Good idea gentlemen!
Normally I don't like listen to pop music or much from the 80'ties (raised with the music of the 70'ties), but Zee - Identity have been one of the albums I love. Very special in it's own way. Pink Floyd has always been one of my favorite bands and Broken China one of my favorite solo albums. Richard Wrights influence on the early Floyd & Zee too is for me so splendid!
I've send Dave Harris a pm on fb
Thanks for the info & hint!:cool:
Keep me posted please on what he tells you

Great idea cesar.....lets see what happens.
Has any one else has got a favourite album they would like to see surrounded ?
Mail/contact the artist and tell them about https://surroundmusic.one/ site.......and the services offered........particularly the 5.1 mixing offered at the site.
Jc

Back