More surround SACD albums from Audio Fidelity before the end of 2016?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperezmore

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Today: October 2, 2016

I wonder if Audio Fidelity will release any more titles in SACD surround before the end of 2016.

Any info?

Anybody?

Would love to have a nice Christmas present from Audio Fidelity.

Regards,

I honestly have not heard. Maybe the Maven knows but can't say?

well I wouldn't get your hopes up too high, Sergio.. (is my take on it, fwiw)..

anything we get in Surround from them down the line is a real bonus to me now..
there is seemingly no more Surround programme from AF, if there ever indeed was one..

still I'm glad for what we had.. and how I loved it.. but its too late baby now, its too late.. and all that jazz :music

you know Adam...there is some part of my being that does NOT like Carole...but OTOH, you hit the PERFECT quote!!!

well thank you kap ;)

meantime, you've always got covers of others by brothers..

Isleys did "It's Too Late", not in Quad sadly, or maybe they did and it never got released.. hmm.. along with Billy Paul, God rest his R&B Soul, he also covered "It's Too Late" baby now, back in 1972 and all in glorious Quad.. probably nobody's got the cash and cajones to reissue Billy's old Quads nowadays but.. you never know..

:smokin

I wanted to keep my hopes up, I really did. I still hope they're waiting for a top-tier artist rather than putting out a bunch of dreck that won't sell.

Would be nice if we got an Edgar Winter title for Christmas, or maybe an Elvis.

I wanted to keep my hopes up, I really did. I still hope they're waiting for a top-tier artist rather than putting out a bunch of dreck that won't sell.

Would be nice if we got an Edgar Winter title for Christmas, or maybe an Elvis.

You nailed it....what I would give for Elvis. That would be the ultimate gift!!!

You nailed it....what I would give for Elvis. That would be the ultimate gift!!!

Either way, there will crying in the Chapel. Man, I would love some Elvis in Quad. A little less conversation, a little Quad action please.

Same here (for all sorts of reasons but also partly because the Elvis CD-4's other than the Live by Satellite one seem to cost a bloody arm and a leg.. don't tell me they didn't press many Elvis Quad records back in the 70's or I'll spit caustic acid, that's just rock dumb..!! :D )

I don't remember the Elvis CD-4's sounding that great. However, I am not an "Elvis" guy, so I might be biased. I did get his DVD-Audio disc and other than the later stuff, that wasn't that great either (surround-wise).

The Elvis CD-4's released, other than the Aloha, were not very popular, radio-wise, at the time of their release. They were more "on the way down" Elvis than they were big-time Elvis.

:(

I don't remember the Elvis CD-4's sounding that great. However, I am not an "Elvis" guy, so I might be biased. I did get his DVD-Audio disc and other than the later stuff, that wasn't that great either (surround-wise).

The Elvis CD-4's released, other than the Aloha, were not very popular, radio-wise, at the time of their release. They were more "on the way down" Elvis than they were big-time Elvis.

:(

I agree with you Jon. You're not an Elvis "guy". :D

"'tis better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.."
(Alfredblue Lord Tennyson)

:upthumb

btw I don't think AF "failed" at all, they did some amazing surround stuff.. I just wish they hadn't stopped when they did.. or at least finished off with the last few they had licences for but didn't include the Quad (WR, RTF, BS&T Hits).. ah well, maybe they will do some more one day.. meantime, who will pick up the mantle for us Quaddies..!?

Alfie Lord Tennyson Blue, at least you'll be able to decode the SQ encoded LOTUS SACD through your wonderful surround master (and probably with NO crosstalk).:sun

But the very thought of NO discrete QUAD SACDs from AF for [gulp, GASP!) Christmas has convinced this exasperated audiophile that there is INDEED No Santa Claus....and he certainly ain't comin' to London Town!

When we found out they were slowing down on the quad releases i was dissapointed, but it sounded like they would do a quad now and then. I am still hoping they will do a few more. Hope hope hope. Definitely dissapionted none have been anounced. Anybody have any inside info if anything at all is comming in the future?

When we found out they were slowing down on the quad releases i was disappointed, but it sounded like they would do a quad now and then. I am still hoping they will do a few more. Hope hope hope. Definitely dissapionted none have been anounced. Anybody have any inside info if anything at all is coming in the future?

As mentioned before, Audio Fidelity will be issuing Multichannel SACDs on a less frequent basis from now on. Much as Acoustic Sounds has done for years with their SACD reissues. That's still the case.

As mentioned before, Audio Fidelity will be issuing Multichannel SACDs on a less frequent basis from now on. Much as Acoustic Sounds has done for years with their SACD reissues. That's still the case.

Super, there is still hope then. It has just been quiet from AF for a while. Fingers crossed for some favorites to come yet.

Back