Quad LP/Tape Poll Humble Pie: Smokin' [Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Smokin'"

• 10: The best!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 33.3%

• 5: So-So

• 1: Suckdom Central

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
A&M 8Q-54242 from 1972.

Program 1:

Hot 'N' Nasty
The Fixer
You're So Good for Me
C'mon Everybody
Old Time Feelin'

Program 2:

30 Days in the Hole
Road Runner
Road Runners 'G' Jam
I Wonder
Sweet Peace and Time

ED :)

I can't vote on this Q8 because i don't have a copy to listen to, but i did buy it from ebay years ago, and sold it right back on ebay. I preferred the stereo cd to this. The quad mix was not good at all. Music is goog though.

My review as posted on CBQW....

I already love this record so I know the material. The quad is very good on some songs and not so good on others. The problem tracks suffer from way too much reverb just like many other A&M Q8 releases but it’s not bad enough to hate it. I voted 8.

Did this album ever appear in any other Quad format apart from Q8?

- its my favourite Humble Pie record (I think my vinyl LP is probably worn out!), when I bought it on CD years ago I had to get is as an import from the USA, and I missed out on the Japanese stereo SACD as well.

- its my favourite Humble Pie record (I think my vinyl LP is probably worn out!), when I bought it on CD years ago I had to get is as an import from the USA, and I missed out on the Japanese stereo SACD as well.

No.

Q8 only.

Duncan, Humble Pie's Smokin' is currently available as a Stereo SACD from Analogue Productions, if you're interested and it sounds fantastic: http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/65077/Humble_Pie-Smokin-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

If you read the reviews posted on Acoustic Sounds website, one reviewer very favorably compares the AP SACD to the Japanese SHM~SACD.

from a Q8 conversion, Great album from an underrated band , content is great mix is good enough quadness is eh reverbery ,over a 7

Back