SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if they have the same name.

Thanks for the reply. The first was the best of the Guess Who and the second was Muscle Of Love. I thought They would all just rip to the same folder but GH is M.I.A. And the useless Windows 10 search doesn't show it anywhere. Been moving to a different folder after each rip and all seems well. Thanks again.

Got this working with the least expensive player I could find on ebay. Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD.

Plugged network cable directly in LAN port of PC. Verified that PC could see player in the windows explorer network. Plugged usb SD card with script into player and drawer opened. Went to network screen of player to get ip address. Put ip numbers in ISO2DSD. Closed tray and pushed execute button in ISO2DSD.

SACD ISO files burned to disc, yes. Networked or usb, no. The format support and streaming options are nearly none. It does do AVCHD from attached drives but converting a large collection of files to that format is very counterproductive. It doesn't even support stereo flac's. I use a pc for all my music and rarely ever use my 83SE anymore, especially now that you can simply rip SACD's.

SACD ISO files burned to disc, yes. Networked or usb, no. The format support and streaming options are nearly none. It does do AVCHD from attached drives but converting a large collection of files to that format is very counterproductive. It doesn't even support stereo flac's. I use a pc for all my music and rarely ever use my 83SE anymore, especially now that you can simply rip SACD's.

Forgive me for going slight off topic but how exactly is it simply to rip sacd?? Looks like a pain from what I have seen. I mean ripping pure dsd-files...

Forgive me for going slight off topic but how exactly is it simply to rip sacd?? Looks like a pain from what I have seen. I mean ripping pure dsd-files...

Easier than ever now that one can use stock Oppo players (103,5) and a few others. Here are the instructions:

For Mac: [URL="Here are the instructions: For Mac: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...eer-yes-its-true-29251/index6.html#post565527
For PC: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...eer-yes-its-true-29251/index6.html#post565542

So you basically use your Pioneer to rip the discs? I guess this is the way to go, just haven't quite prepared for it.

Easier than ever now that one can use stock Oppo players (103,5) and a few others. Here are the instructions:

For Mac: [URL="Here are the instructions: For Mac: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...eer-yes-its-true-29251/index6.html#post565527
For PC: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...eer-yes-its-true-29251/index6.html#post565542

I don't understand step 2. Where do I find AutoScript folder and how do I get to the "root" of the USB stick?

Simple Instructions for PC users with iso2dsd (adapted from grill's post)

1) Connect your player to your LAN according to the player's manual. Write down the IP address of your player. Check if you see your player in Windows/Network/Media Devices of your PC connected to the same LAN.

2) Copy the unzipped AutoScript folder to the root of a USB stick. You can leave your other files on your stick.

3) Copy the iso2dsd_PC_v7 (from Sonore iso2DSD) unzipped folder files to a drive of your PC connected to your LAN. Make sure your drive has enough free space for the SACD iso(s) to be ripped.

4) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should open. You can leave your USB stick in your player or remove it.

5) Insert an SACD and close the tray. Wait until the player recognizes the disc.

6) Run iso2dsd_gui.exe from the drive on your PC. Select Server Input from topleft. Select Raw ISO as the Output Mode. Enter the IP address of your player (from Step 1) in the IP Address Port window*. Click on Execute. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

7) When dsd2iso indicates Done, eject disc and repeat from Step 5 (or click Quit).

8) Remove USB stick and reboot to return to normal player use.

I don't understand step 2. Where do I find AutoScript folder and how do I get to the "root" of the USB stick?

Simple Instructions for PC users with iso2dsd (adapted from grill's post)

1) Connect your player to your LAN according to the player's manual. Write down the IP address of your player. Check if you see your player in Windows/Network/Media Devices of your PC connected to the same LAN.

2) Copy the unzipped AutoScript folder to the root of a USB stick. You can leave your other files on your stick.

3) Copy the iso2dsd_PC_v7 (from Sonore iso2DSD) unzipped folder files to a drive of your PC connected to your LAN. Make sure your drive has enough free space for the SACD iso(s) to be ripped.

4) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should open. You can leave your USB stick in your player or remove it.

5) Insert an SACD and close the tray. Wait until the player recognizes the disc.

6) Run iso2dsd_gui.exe from the drive on your PC. Select Server Input from topleft. Select Raw ISO as the Output Mode. Enter the IP address of your player (from Step 1) in the IP Address Port window*. Click on Execute. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

7) When dsd2iso indicates Done, eject disc and repeat from Step 5 (or click Quit).

8) Remove USB stick and reboot to return to normal player use.

Hi GOS. Here is the link for Auto Script and SACD_Extract. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8cunli3d3basmix/AAAY2mPDW9QH_so52EwCCBhya?dl=0
I was able to do the extractions (with help from HomerJAU & Janbakker), so you should have no problem. Didn't have to use any iso2dsd stuff. Here's the revised instructions I used.

3) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume (or similar) in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should open. You can leave your USB stick in your player (it doesn't matter).

4) Insert an SACD and close the tray. Wait until the player recognizes the disc.

5) Open SACD.exe from the drive on your PC. Use EDIT.
Enter the IP address of your player (from Step 1) in the IP Address Port window*.
192.168.1.4 or 192.168.1.3 (check modem) (mine changed depending on how many devices were using my wi-fi)
Click on Execute. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

5) When done, eject disc and repeat from Step 5 (or click Quit).

6) Remove USB stick and reboot to return to normal player use.

Ed

Root just means you don't make any additional folders, just put it directly on the usb stick...

Hi GOS. Here is the link for Auto Script and SACD_Extract. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8cunli3d3basmix/AAAY2mPDW9QH_so52EwCCBhya?dl=0
I was able to do the extractions (with help from HomerJAU & Janbakker), so you should have no problem. Didn't have to use any iso2dsd stuff. Here's the revised instructions I used.

3) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume (or similar) in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should open. You can leave your USB stick in your player (it doesn't matter).

4) Insert an SACD and close the tray. Wait until the player recognizes the disc.

5) Open SACD.exe from the drive on your PC. Use EDIT.
Enter the IP address of your player (from Step 1) in the IP Address Port window*.
192.168.1.4 or 192.168.1.3 (check modem) (mine changed depending on how many devices were using my wi-fi)
Click on Execute. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

5) When done, eject disc and repeat from Step 5 (or click Quit).

6) Remove USB stick and reboot to return to normal player use.

Ed

I went to the link, downloaded the autoscript folder and drug it to my stick. Plugged it into my player....and nothing. It certainly doesn't open the drawer. I already disabled autoplay, etc.

When I click the link you gave me (Ed), it shows 2 folders.
Autoscript
sacd_extract

Can I just hit download, or do I have to click on each folder? If I click on each folder, I then get this:

Autoscript
-AutoScript
-AutoScript.TSS
-sacd_extract

sacd_extract
-sacd_extract.exe
-sace.cmd

Sorry, but I'm just not good at all this stuff. Either way, when it places the Autoscript and sacd_extract folders in my download folder, do I then click extract all? I assume so. If yes, well, I did that. Again, I drug the Autoscript folder to my stick and did what you said and yet my drawer doesn't open. Nothing happens really.

When I click the link you gave me (Ed), it shows 2 folders.
Autoscript
sacd_extract

Can I just hit download, or do I have to click on each folder? If I click on each folder, I then get this:

Autoscript
-AutoScript
-AutoScript.TSS
-sacd_extract

sacd_extract
-sacd_extract.exe
-sace.cmd

Sorry, but I'm just not good at all this stuff. Either way, when it places the Autoscript and sacd_extract folders in my download folder, do I then click extract all? I assume so. If yes, well, I did that. Again, I drug the Autoscript folder to my stick and did what you said and yet my drawer doesn't open. Nothing happens really.

This time I drug the individual files onto my stick. The 3 files within the Autoscript folder. Tried again, nothing. :(

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true-29251/index6.html

Post #129 was the method I used.
First priority is getting the stick setup properly. The drawer should open or somthing is wrong. The Autoscript folder and its contents is what you place on the stick. If it doesn't work, your stick isn't formatted correctly. The people on the Computer Audio forum will help you quicker than the friendly folks here. I didn't have to do anything to my stick, it just worked but other people have had to reformat their stick

Use the Autoscript folder for Oppo on post #26. USB stick should be formatted to fat 32. If your sure you have the correct Autoscript folder with 3 files in it, and the drawer isn't opening, reformat stick to fat 32, by right clicking on usb stick on PC and click format.

Back