Marantz 4100 user's manual and local repair

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ress4278

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Does anyone have a user's manual they can copy?

I received the unit back for repair without some of the lights working. I'd rather not ship it again just to fix the problem. Is there anyone in the Pittsburgh area that can reliably work on this?
Thanks

I have two Marantz 4100's. The unit isn't bad to work on replacing bulbs. Many of the lamps look like fuses, but are bulbs. Marantz bulbs are avail. on Ebay. Search for Marantz replacement lamps and be sure they are incandescent unless you can find LED ones (which I never tried). I've replaced mine by myself. Remove the metal top of the case, pull off the rotating knobs carefully, and remove the faceplate if you must, but I'm pretty sure everything is accessible by merely removing the three sided metal cover. It's been a while, you may have to do both things.
I wouldn't touch the bulbs in a Marantz 4400 or most Quad receivers. They are horrendous! The Quad amps aren't bad at all. Locally here in Reading, PA call "Stereo Hospital". He has done mine. I don't have the phone # handy.

Does anyone have a user's manual they can copy?

I received the unit back for repair without some of the lights working. I'd rather not ship it again just to fix the problem. Is there anyone in the Pittsburgh area that can reliably work on this?
Thanks

I have the schematic for the 4100 if that helps

Back