Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance - new 5.1 by Bruce Soord

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Just announced on Facebook, a special anniversary edition with a brand new 5.1 mix by Bruce Soord.
Will be on sale at BurningShed, didn't have any time yet to check the price.

And just realised Ryan beat me with the news, using the old thread! Mods, you can delete this one if you want!

The disc with the Orchestra should have been in surround too! Then £30 is justified. I am not interested in any stereo discs.

The disc with the Orchestra should have been in surround too! Then £30 is justified. I am not interested in any stereo discs.
Bruce mentioned last week on twitter he was mixing the orchestral disc in 5.1!

Actually, Bruce Soord just said on Facebook that his stereo & surround mixes of the orchestra concert will also be included in this 10th anniversary deluxe edition, so that should be two surround mixes included in this set! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce has confirmed what will be in the set, http://brucesoord.com/katatonia-great-cold-distance-anniversary-edition/

I’ve been lucky enough to be able to immerse myself in Katatonia’s classic 2006 album recently, remixing it for a special re-issue due for release in*early 2017. *There is a lot of content so I wanted to clarify exactly what you’ll be getting:
CD1 – Original 2006 release
CD2 – Bonus tracks and b-sides
CD3 – My stereo mix of the September 2016 live show of the album performed with the*Plovdiv Philharmonic Orchestra in Bulgaria
DVD-AV containing:
My brand new 5.1 mix of the studio album (lossless 24/96 MLP and DTS)
5.1 mix of the live Plovdiv show*(lossless 24/96 MLP and DTS)
My new 2016 24/96*stereo mix of the original studio album
I added the hi-resolution stereo mix to the package late on when it transpired that the guys didn’t have any hi-resolution mixes. *Subsequently it won’t state that on the album credits, but it will definitely be on the DVD.
two 5.1 mixes :)

Actually, Bruce Soord just said on Facebook that his stereo & surround mixes of the orchestra concert will also be included in this 10th anniversary deluxe edition, so that should be two surround mixes included in this set! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!! I will have to order them then.

I got an email from Lisa at burningshed this morning. Unfortunately this has been delayed a couple weeks. Shipping around February 3rd, now.

My copy of this just arrived. The packaging/book is very nice. I hope to get a chance to listen to this over the next day or two.

Attachments

• 20170202_182638_resized.jpg
    20170202_182638_resized.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 20170202_182616_resized.jpg
    20170202_182616_resized.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 20170202_182623_resized.jpg
    20170202_182623_resized.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 234
Back