• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burning Shed is currently having a summer sale that includes the CD/DVD-A versions of several of the Yes & XTC titles for £9.99 / $12.91. Drums & Wires, Nonsuch, Relayer, Close to the Edge and The Yes Album are all available for those prices. The Thrak box is also available for under $100.

Maybe a bit off topic, but fans of the iconic 80's series MIAMI VICE have a crack at owning the ENTIRE series [20 BD~V discs in slipcase] with remastered 5.1 audio for the incredible bargain basement price of under $32 https://www.amazon.com/Miami-Vice-T...65953&creativeASIN=B01HSAIOWU&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

VICE was shot in 35mm and although it's presented in its native 4x3 full screen ratio, hard to beat at this price. Over 5500 minutes.

A tiny bit more than the price of a SINGLE MoFi/AP Stereo SACD [$30 list]!:yikes

Germany-based JPC is blowing out their inventory of the Praga classical music label, for those interested - SACDs for EUR 1-3, and the Prazak Quartet's (excellent) 7-SACD traversal of the Beethoven String Quartets for EUR 20. Shipping is EUR 12.99 to the USA per order, cheaper in Europe. Link: https://www.jpc.de/s/Praga+Digital+radikal+reduziert?searchtype=campaigntext

Praga made many surround SACDs, DSD-recorded, mostly of chamber works. There is some variation in quality but many were excellent. In the past few years they changed strategy in a somewhat tawdry fashion, releasing their transfers of commercially-released tapes and even LPs, out of copyright in the EU, on SACD. Generally that series is the first 30 in the list at JPC, with their far preferable original recordings afterwards.

I just discovered that the San Francisco Symphony is shutting down its online store on July 25th. Until then, everything is 30% off. Lots of surround, including the Mahler Box (and individual titles), Beethoven symphonies, John Adams, West Side Story, etc. A couple of titles in the "Keeping Score" series--Mahler and Stravinsky, for sure--also include 5.1 performances of full works.

https://www.shopsfsymphony.org/shop/home.php

Two of the highest-polling titles $14.95 on Amazon.

#6, Score 9.66, Gentle Giant, The Power and The Glory, Blu-Ray CD

#27, Score 9.45, Elton John, Tumbleweed Connection, SACD

Sure, you old-timers bought them long ago if you wanted them.
Some of us are new and still filling in the collections.

Primephonic has put all of its FLAC downloads on sale at 20% off. Here's a link to the multichannel FLACs, including the only available surround release (that I know of) of John Luther Adams's Canticles of the Holy Wind. A large number of DSD multichannels also seem to be on sale.

I suppose that this information is the opposite of a sale, but I thought it might be of some interest to y'all. Last night I was placing an order to fill a few holes in my collection. (The Eagles Farewell Tour and Nine Inch Nails Beside You in Time blu-rays. They both seem to be highly rated in the polls.) Anyway, when I comparison shop, I usually go to all the usual suspects (Amazon, Bull Moose, Import CDs, Deep Discount) put the titles in my basket and whoever has the lowest total gets my money. When doing this last night, I noticed that both Import CDs and Deep Discount were now charging me sales tax. They never had before. I have noticed in the past that those two stores seems to be related somehow. (They both always seem to have the exact same stock and the check-out process on both sites is pretty much identical.) I don't know if the addition of sales tax is specifically for Connecticut residents or if they're doing that for everyone now. (I never used to have to pay sales tax on Amazon, but then they opened a warehouse in Connecticut so ever since I've had to.) Maybe Deep Discount/Import CDs have an operation in Connecticut now? Anyway, I'd be curious to know if anyone else has to pay sales tax to either place now.

A one-day sale: through August 31, everything in the Nonesuch store is 50% off. Not all that much in multi-channel, but they do sell some HD/hi-res downloads, as well as the occasional DVD (e.g., John Adams, Nixon in China) with a 5.1 soundtrack.

nonesuch.jpg

Back