• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, folks: ALL 8 Phil Collins Studio Albums remastered in 2015/2016 by RHINO RECORDS for £11 [US: $17.90 shipped from AmazonUK]: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-look-Complete-Studio-Collection/dp/B076JKKYBZ/?tag=sdepcw-21

That's $2.24 per disc [delivered price] and it comes in a box! :yikes[/QUOTE

It is a great deal...as far as quantity goes...but quality...and content...that's a huge question mark...Phil is pretty bad when he tries to do Motown...and some of these songs are from that period...and then the mastering...if it is the typical "loud" bright mess that is the majority of recent mastering jobs...they would just collect dust...and quite frankly I'm running out of space...I made a vow a few months ago that I would be more selective in what I buy...I used to buy every new release and "hope" I would like it...but that hasn't worked very well and I'm surrounded(and the pun is relevant here)by discs I never play...

But along those lines...for this "BOX" set...someone had decided to reduce their costs even more...it seems they have an EYE for savings....check this out

Seriously, folks: ALL 8 Phil Collins Studio Albums remastered in 2015/2016 by RHINO RECORDS for £11 [US: $17.90 shipped from AmazonUK]: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-look-Complete-Studio-Collection/dp/B076JKKYBZ/?tag=sdepcw-21

That's $2.24 per disc [delivered price] and it comes in a box! :yikes[/QUOTE

It is a great deal...as far as quantity goes...but quality...and content...that's a huge question mark...Phil is pretty bad when he tries to do Motown...and some of these songs are from that period...and then the mastering...if it is the typical "loud" bright mess that is the majority of recent mastering jobs...they would just collect dust...and quite frankly I'm running out of space...I made a vow a few months ago that I would be more selective in what I buy...I used to buy every new release and "hope" I would like it...but that hasn't worked very well and I'm surrounded(and the pun is relevant here)by discs I never play...

But along those lines...for this "BOX" set...someone had decided to reduce their costs even more...it seems they have an EYE for savings....check this out

OMG, hahaha! Now I've seen everything. :yikes

OMG, hahaha! Now I've seen everything. :yikes

And somebody is watching...they are interested!...on a serious note...if I bought these CDs and they sounded bad...I'm stuck with them...I won't sell them on Ebay...I won't push my mistake on someone else.....the last time I grabbed a CD on an impulse buy the sound quality sucked...when I buy CDs I have to research them...like the one you recommended recently on here...REO Speedwagon...or the Steven Wilson Chicago CD...I love a good CD...

And somebody is watching...they are interested!...on a serious note...if I bought these CDs and they sounded bad...I'm stuck with them...I won't sell them on Ebay...I won't push my mistake on someone else.....the last time I grabbed a CD on an impulse buy the sound quality sucked...when I buy CDs I have to research them...like the one you recommended recently on here...REO Speedwagon...or the Steven Wilson Chicago CD...I love a good CD...
Phil Collins came out 2016 with his remastered set in Hi Res 24 bit via FLAC HDTracks, one was 24/96 and the rest where 16/44.1.
http://www.hdtracks.com/music/artist/view/id/5354/

That is oddly, very, very cheap. I'm tempted to buy it just because.....

Check these Rhino remasters from 2016 HERE...and these songs are from disc 7 on that set...ugh HERE..no way would I buy that set...others might tolerate the loudness...but not me...I'm too sensitive to it...some "warts" I can live with on these recordings...but that isn't one of them..

HA!.......some of you spend MORE on expedited shipping than the cost of this 8 disc Phil Collins set and then don't receive the shipment on the day or date it was promised.

Ha, again!

As a rule, RHINO does some fantastic remasters but you all make it sound like Alanis Morrisette's album "Jagged little PHIL." :ugham:

HA!.......some of you spend MORE on expedited shipping than the cost of this 8 disc Phil Collins set and then don't receive the shipment on the day or date it was promised.

Ha, again!

As a rule, RHINO does some fantastic remasters but you all make it sound like Alanis Morrisette's album "Jagged little PHIL." :ugham:

Look...we all know you are talking about Gos...he's been spending more money on shipping than he should...and I want to assure you that I'm working on that with him...he's knows he has a problem...but he can beat it...I'm sorry I'm not amazed at your price discovery..if you would have presented this to me 6 months ago I would have jumped on it...I would just buy everything that was new or looked like a great deal...but I had to change...and it's a long road to a cure...but I'm taking it one purchase at a time...and I just don't have room for any non essential purchases....but I'm sure there are others who will take advantage of this deal.....btw...I loved the jagged little PHIL reference(y)

Look...we all know you are talking about Gos...he's been spending more money on shipping than he should...and I want to assure you that I'm working on that with him...he's knows he has a problem...but he can beat it...I'm sorry I'm not amazed at your price discovery..if you would have presented this to me 6 months ago I would have jumped on it...I would just buy everything that was new or looked like a great deal...but I had to change...and it's a long road to a cure...but I'm taking it one purchase at a time...and I just don't have room for any non essential purchases....but I'm sure there are others who will take advantage of this deal.....btw...I loved the jagged little PHIL reference(y)

I know, I know but I'm actually still recovering from the drastic price reduction of ROXY MUSIC's first album [$69 @ Bullmose]. Not even listed yet @ ImportCD. How much lower CAN it go?

BTW, Clint, I don't always go by DR Numbers. But all I can tell you....when they first sold CDs in the late 80's they were over $20 each.

Sure, Phil's NO Marvin Gaye but it will be nice to have all his solo work in one tidy little box.

As far as 'expedited' shipment.........I have SO much music in my arsenal that I could care less when it arrives and CHEAP is GOOD!

We ALL have our addictions, Clint. Mine is Blu~Ray. I must've bought over 50 BD~V/3D/UHD 4K titles since the beginning of last month. Especially at those ridiculously LOW Black Friday/Cyber Monday Prices. UHD 4K for $9.99!

I know, I know but I'm actually still recovering from the drastic price reduction of ROXY MUSIC's first album [$69 @ Bullmose]. Not even listed yet @ ImportCD. How much lower CAN it go?

BTW, Clint, I don't always go by DR Numbers. But all I can tell you....when they first sold CDs in the late 80's they were over $20 each.

Sure, Phil's NO Marvin Gaye but it will be nice to have all his solo work in one tidy little box.

As far as 'expedited' shipment.........I have SO much music in my arsenal that I could care less when it arrives and CHEAP is GOOD!

I'm just the exception to the rule...most people don't care about bright recordings...but I can't listen to them...the other reason is that I just wouldn't have time to listen to all those songs..you have no idea how many of these titles I have and I haven't listened to them very much and some...none at all...I like some of Phil's songs...but when I say he's not very good at Motown songs...I'm being kind...outside of HIS hits...I have zero interest...

I'm just the exception to the rule...most people don't care about bright recordings...but I can't listen to them...the other reason is that I just wouldn't have time to listen to all those songs..you have no idea how many of these titles I have and I haven't listened to them very much and some...none at all...I like some of Phil's songs...but when I say he's not very good at Motown songs...I'm being kind...outside of HIS hits...I have zero interest...

NO ONE likes Ear Bleed noise, Clint. I have an excellent RBCD front end and with my disc treatments, I always manage to make them sound non ear splitting (well, NOT always].

But I hear ya on buying music you're never going to listen to. Have plenty of that.

And let's face it....a bargain isn't a bargain if you're not going to wear it or listen to it. I still have clothes in my closet with tags on them.

Now our job is finding THE BEST price on Roxy's first album with the SW 'lossy' remix!

Phil's OLD news!

BTW, Gene's not the only one who spends on expedited shipping but in the final analysis, it's their money and their business what they spend their $$$$ on. Nuf said!

NO ONE likes Ear Bleed noise, Clint. I have an excellent RBCD front end and with my disc treatments, I always manage to make them sound non ear splitting (well, NOT always].

But I hear ya on buying music you're never going to listen to. Have plenty of that.

And let's face it....a bargain isn't a bargain if you're not going to wear it or listen to it. I still have clothes in my closet with tags on them.

Now our job is finding THE BEST price on Roxy's first album with the SW 'lossy' remix!

Phil's OLD news!

BTW, Gene's not the only one who spends on expedited shipping but in the final analysis, it's their money and their business what they spend their $$$$ on. Nuf said!

I have no desire for that Roxy album...I couldn't get thru the first 3 songs..I'm getting my strategy together to buy the Buddy Holly sacd now...I have a few more details to work out.....but in regards to Gos..."friends don't let friends spend money on expedited shipping":walker

I have no desire for that Roxy album...I couldn't get thru the first 3 songs..I'm getting my strategy together to buy the Buddy Holly sacd now...I have a few more details to work out.....but in regards to Gos..."friends don't let friends spend money on expedited shipping":walker

*ahem*

Gos will now morph into Gos 3.0

Life changing events will force me to look for bargains, refrain from excess shipping charges...and refrain from buying what I don't LOVE. Starting...... Monday!

:violin and :chill and :yikes and :banana:

Back