Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's weird how "Songs from the Wood" has not even been released yet, and already, some of you are clamoring for "This Was", along with reissues of "Thick as a Brick" and "Benefit".
Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here still waiting patiently for "Roxy Music", "The Seeds of Love", and the next XTC remix…

ff837a_cb8ddc223c0c4f2f99f1238ebe7737dd.png_srz_299_86_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Priorities 4 me :

Roxy Music
Gentle Giant-next
Yes-next
ELP-next

This Was-in de Fall , and that's all.:sun

Priorities 4 me :

Roxy Music
Gentle Giant-next
Yes-next
ELP-next

This Was-in de Fall , and that's all.:sun

Still not sure yet if another Yes remix is planned or not.
I know we will not get another remix from ELP.
Thankfully, I think more remixes from Gentle Giant will appear at some point.

Now can we get back to talking about "Songs from the Wood", please?

It's weird how "Songs from the Wood" has not even been released yet, and already, some of you are clamoring for "This Was", along with reissues of "Thick as a Brick" and "Benefit".
Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here still waiting patiently for "Roxy Music", "The Seeds of Love", and the next XTC remix…

ff837a_cb8ddc223c0c4f2f99f1238ebe7737dd.png_srz_299_86_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Haha, I can wait for 'This Was' but it's always nice to speculate on what else maybe coming along...

You bet, Ryan (y)

-reminder : u brought it up , ha ha :D

Now we know what's on this release so......sometimes it's fun to speculate in the future . I'm not certain what more can be said regarding "Songs From Woody " ???

Is the live disc comparable to the material on MSG ?

I know the 5.1 mix will be better (thanking Jakko in advance ).:upthumb

I've been told by someone associated with these Tull projects that "Heavy Horses" is next. I interpret that to mean that "This Was" will be released next year as a 50th-anniversary edition.

I've been told by someone associated with these Tull projects that "Heavy Horses" is next. I interpret that to mean that "This Was" will be released next year as a 50th-anniversary edition.

Hooray!

I like This Was, but Songs From the Wood and Heavy Horses are by far my favorite Tull albums. I was actually angry that Stand Up (which I really like as well) was released ahead of Wood. Releasing This Was next year makes sense for a 50th anniversary edition.

This disc never really made me "wet myself for love " for a Tull disc , but I thought it a bit of a comeback of sorts, But now that was the stereo disc !

This will be a GREAT DISC in Surround , of that, I have no doubt ! But what "strums my thong " will of course be the 5.1 by Steven with 5.1 bonus tracks and Jakko 's never shabby live concert mix in 5.1. :D
And of course 4 very rare QUAD mixed tracks from Robin Black/Ian Anderson ! :upthumb:upthumb:upthumb:upthumb

Welcome to the thread, Lord Lupin-izor.
always a pleasure, btw :smokin

Lord FizzyWiggs,

You kindness is only exceeded by the girth & virility of your nether-regions. (y)

For me, Songs From The Wood is part of the Holy Tull Folk Trilogy along with Aqualung & TAAB. And of course, recording & electronics technology was evolving at light speed in the 1970's so the 1977 release of SFTW brought even higher fidelity to enjoy Ian Anderson's flowery vocal harmonies & uber-crisp acoustic instruments with the right amount of electronic/rock music Pow & Bang a la 1960's TV Batman.

Clearly we won't get modern 5.1 multi-track remixes from all of the thousands of our beloved classic recordings but for me, SFTW is one of those must-have absolute classics. So that is another dream remix to cross off the Desert Island list. You lot can keep This Was and the other Tull blues bumblings(I still cringe at even the passing thought of that one song: "Sossity You're a Woman"...argh..) But I'll support all of his releases like I bought Stand Up, even though it has no chance of ever being played again.

I like your waiting list, except I would ditch the Roxy Music and slide in a classic Renaissance recording. About the next ELP, I always hold out hope for Works Vol. I. Greg Lake was a master at album production and with his passing I find I enjoy all his produced ELP records even more. Works I has so many tracks and layering and would really open up in 5.1. Nobody loves them like I do...

Back to Tull: The next 5.1 Tull I'd like to see is: Roots To Branches. I think its an absolute classic from the days when Ian still had most of his voice left.

Oh, I won't die if "This Was" is delayed by some time, knowing full well that it will get done is satisfaction .

It is not a "must own " great album but it is their first and of it,I have some nostalgic familiarity . It is different as it's more of a bluesy meets folk rock type of sound , with Mick Abrahams in lieu of the Master Fret-work of Martin Barre.

Heavy Horses , will be new to me, though-----cause I never had, nor heard it, passed on it but did aquire Rock Island later on to keep the Tull torch alive .

So bring it on , I say. Just keep em coming ! For I have yet to be dissapointed .

This reminds me of the "Shit on the Tull Time" that the critics in some so called reputable audio magazine's did back in the early 70's after "Passion Play " was released . And Ian took it to heart, I'm afraid .
All I could do was state the obvious to Ian .----Always listen to the fans , the critics DON'T buy your records , but the fans do.
And this fan does it for good reasons. I luv your music. What's not to love.:D

I really do hope we get more Yes and most especially, Gentle Giant remixes in the future. In a Glass House MUST become a reality... someday. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

and slide in a classic Renaissance recording. About the next ELP, I always hold out hope for Works Vol. I. Greg Lake was a master at album production and with his passing I find I enjoy all his produced ELP records even more. Works I has so many tracks and layering and would really open up in 5.1. Nobody loves them like I do...

Back to Tull: The next 5.1 Tull I'd like to see is: Roots To Branches. I think its an absolute classic from the days when Ian still had most of his voice left.

Gazzooks.... and you said you were loony earlier (and riding through the glen?) but how can you be after requesting, Renaissance, Works Vol 1, Roots To Branches (one I do rate very highly as well), for the 5.1 treatment, anyway I must find some lupins to smoke...........
......how about some Camel?

Gazzooks.... and you said you were loony earlier (and riding through the glen?) but how can you be after requesting, Renaissance, Works Vol 1, Roots To Branches (one I do rate very highly as well), for the 5.1 treatment, anyway I must find some lupins to smoke...........
......how about some Camel?
Camel too would be amazing, especially the first 4 albums. I just had a thought in my head thinking how cool would it have been if Camel performed The Snow Goose with a full orchestra. Maybe Andy Latimer should take the band and perform the album at that Amphitheatre in Plovdiv or something... ?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

I was able to order this today from Amazon.com for $49.00. I have listened to the stereo version a few times over the past week and I am looking forward to the 5.1.

Amazon France had it for preorder at a good price (23€ IIRC) but they canceled my preorder just a few days after I placed it. What's going on ?! :howl

Just preordered for €25,19 on Amazon Italy. Great price for four CDs and a BluRay.
I can't wait to listen to the 5.1 mix. I hope Wilson did a great job. I mostly love his mixes (save for Locomotive Breath, where the flute solo pretty much disappears instead of shining) and his music, so I have very high expectations.

Just preordered for €25,19 on Amazon Italy. Great price for four CDs and a BluRay.
I can't wait to listen to the 5.1 mix. I hope Wilson did a great job. I mostly love his mixes (save for Locomotive Breath, where the flute solo pretty much disappears instead of shining) and his music, so I have very high expectations.

This release has 3 CDs and 2 DVDs. There is no Blu-Ray on any of the Jethro Tull sets except the 2011 "Aqualung" Super Deluxe Edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back