[digitaltrends.com] Dweezil Zappa talks surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a new article where Dweezil Zappa talks about a possible surround sound release of his concert material.

-Kristian

That sounds rather promising. I saw Dweezil about a year ago and at the end of the show I told the sound engineer that he did a great job and he gave me his copy of the set list for the night. I would LOVE to get some more Frank and/or Dweezil in surround sound! :banana:

I've always been under the impression that Dweezil, and the ZFT for that matter, were rather indifferent to surround... This is great to read, and I would love to get this live Apostrophe in my hands, but I don't expect it to happen anytime soon...

I would gladly take some DZ solo material in surround, however

Shut up (and give us some Quad.. and take my money) and play yer guitar..!!!

:violin

That Sir, is one of the most finestly worded posts that I've read in a long time. :worthy :D

You mentioned:

surround-sound-e1302871641619.jpg
acb.jpg
sddefault.jpg

Know a good family counselor & lawyer? ;)

From what I've read, Gail - Frank Zappa's wife & mother to all the children decided to give 60% each to the youngest 2 children in the family - ie: Ahmet and Diva, and only 40% each to the oldest 2 children - ie: Moon Unit & Dweezil, and the real Crux of the Biscuit is that Dweezil has to ask permission and pay royalties to the younger children, which is quite frustrating to him, in order to play the music, which is the only thing that really matters. I think that the entire family should be paying Dweezil a lot of money for keeping it all alive! :cool:

I should mention: I just saw Dweezil Zappa at the Salt Lake City show last month, and HOLY SHIT it was phenomenal. Second time seeing him. Inca Roads has definitely been the highlight of both shows. One of my favorite Zappa tracks.

He talked a bit about the ZFT issue, and the upcoming crowd funding thing he'll be doing for attorney fees and whatever... I've read DZ complaints, and I read the open letter that Ahmet had written a number of months back in response to DZ's accusations, and it just all seems to be a bit petty... It seems like a lot of people are siding with Dweezil and are pointing their fingers at the ZFT, but I just really think there's a lot that's being left out on both sides regarding their public statements... I think the whole thing is sad, really, and Frank would be extremely saddened and disappointed with the whole situation (n)

This is a great and exciting interview. I hope his aspirations come to fruition! Even if he can only do his own music it will still be more surround. And the chance that he might mix other people's works is a potential boon as well. It sounds like his area of musical interest would not cross Steven Wilsons' and so we might get some classic works that would otherwise never be mixed in surround. Fantastic!

It would seem they need each other to make this a "financial" reality.

APOSTROPHE LIVE , ok, I guess . I'd much prefer the original quad album but it's nice to know he is performing and is still Pro-surround .(y)

Let's hope this interview ignites the spark to release much more surround ZAPPA ,and or Dweezil plays , quad or 5ch.!! :D

From what I've read, Gail - Frank Zappa's wife & mother to all the children decided to give 60% each to the youngest 2 children in the family - ie: Ahmet and Diva, and only 40% each to the oldest 2 children - ie: Moon Unit & Dweezil, and the real Crux of the Biscuit is that Dweezil has to ask permission and pay royalties to the younger children, which is quite frustrating to him, in order to play the music, which is the only thing that really matters. I think that the entire family should be paying Dweezil a lot of money for keeping it all alive! :cool:

Not true.

Dweezil GOT NOTHING. Not only that Gail took all the money he generated over the last decade.

Ahmet is SCUM. He can go to hell, and Gail is in hell.

I should mention: I just saw Dweezil Zappa at the Salt Lake City show last month, and HOLY SHIT it was phenomenal. Second time seeing him. Inca Roads has definitely been the highlight of both shows. One of my favorite Zappa tracks.

He talked a bit about the ZFT issue, and the upcoming crowd funding thing he'll be doing for attorney fees and whatever... I've read DZ complaints, and I read the open letter that Ahmet had written a number of months back in response to DZ's accusations, and it just all seems to be a bit petty... It seems like a lot of people are siding with Dweezil and are pointing their fingers at the ZFT, but I just really think there's a lot that's being left out on both sides regarding their public statements... I think the whole thing is sad, really, and Frank would be extremely saddened and disappointed with the whole situation (n)

No it is simple. Dweezil got screwed and Gail was an evil witch.

I've had an e-mail from PledgeMusic where one of the pledges is "Dweezil Zappa & The Others Of Intention" where he has started a pledge campaign to be able to use his surname Zappa.

"For the Rights To My Name Pledge to be part of this PledgeMusic campaign for me to keep the legal rights to use my own name. "

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/othersofintention?referrer=popular

.......what a bizarre surreal (Zappa-esque?) situation to be in!

I've had an e-mail from PledgeMusic where one of the pledges is "Dweezil Zappa & The Others Of Intention" where he has started a pledge campaign to be able to use his surname Zappa.

"For the Rights To My Name Pledge to be part of this PledgeMusic campaign for me to keep the legal rights to use my own name. "

Ahmet is trying to destroy Dweezil unfortunately. Trying to stop Dweezil using HIS surname is evil. It shows Ahmet is a sociopath, so sad.

Any Dweez in surround would be great!

Not true.

Dweezil GOT NOTHING. Not only that Gail took all the money he generated over the last decade.

Ahmet is SCUM. He can go to hell, and Gail is in hell.

Well, according to what I've read on many different websites it is true, although I did get the percentages wrong. I do agree though that it seems like a bunch of horseshit. This is from a few months ago:

"According to Gail's wishes, Ahmet and Diva each receive 30 percent of the estate; Dweezil and Moon each get 20 percent. "We're like shareholders who have no say in anything," says Dweezil. Adds Moon, "I was completely blindsided. For a whole year I was taking care of my mother – bringing her green juice and driving her to her doctor appointments. How do you look someone in the eye and say, 'Thank you for the foot rub' and be plotting against that human? It's unconscionable."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/inside-the-zappa-family-feud-w431684

What in the absolute hell?! :yikes That's absurd that they're trying to stop him from being able to use his own name?! :mad:

Back