Toshiba SY 404 Demodulator

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a Toshiba SY 404 demodulator, and set about tweaking my system for quadraphonic. I have a few CD-4 albums in the collection. The CD-4 signal light is coming on when I'm spinning records, and I can hear discreet sound coming from the speakers. Any tips on adjusting the unit? The SY 404 comes with a volume knob....how should that be adjusted?

Thanks

Charles

Hi Everyone,

I picked up a Toshiba SY 404 demodulator, and set about tweaking my system for quadraphonic. I have a few CD-4 albums in the collection. The CD-4 signal light is coming on when I'm spinning records, and I can hear discreet sound coming from the speakers. Any tips on adjusting the unit? The SY 404 comes with a volume knob....how should that be adjusted?

Thanks

Charles

Vol.knob? Your unit might be an amp/demodulator.

Can u toss up a picture ?

Thanks for that. Do the adjustments on the back just effect separation?

I have a Toshiba SR 355 turntable. I've mounted a groove tool cartridge, which I know isn't the best choice, but I did see youtube video on how this cheap cartridge could be used for CD-4. From there I have it going into a Marantz 7300 OSE receiver, and out to a pair of Marantz HD88 speakers. I'm wondering if there is anything I could do to make it sound a bit better.

A PAIR of speakers? You know quad means four speakers with somewhat different stuff coming out of each one, right? :eek:

Back