Issue with DTS CD rip playing way too fast

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hi everyone,

I've done the usual DTS CD rip with Foobar2000, the same exact way I've been doing it for months. This time though, the ripped files sound really messed up as if the whole song played in Fast Forward in thirty seconds. The discs itself plays correctly in both my Oppo and my computer. The ripped files are somewhat corrupted. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this?

Hi everyone,

I've done the usual DTS CD rip with Foobar2000, the same exact way I've been doing it for months. This time though, the ripped files sound really messed up as if the whole song played in Fast Forward in thirty seconds. The discs itself plays correctly in both my Oppo and my computer. The ripped files are somewhat corrupted. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this?

what's the sample rate, Kenneth?

As you probably already know, these discs are just standard CDs with the dts encoded within the pcm 16/44.

Just rerip with any standard CD ripper, EAC for example, and see if that fixes the problem. Foobar normally works fine but maybe it just doesn't like that particular disc.

Just rerip with any standard CD ripper, EAC for example, and see if that fixes the problem. Foobar normally works fine but maybe it just doesn't like that particular disc.

I've used both Foobar and EAC. The result is the same. My Oppo does have any trouble reading it.

Hmm, in the notes it says "DTS 24-bit 5.1 Channel Surround" but on a CD that doesn't seem possible. Do the files generated look to be the correct size? If you add them to the Audio Conversion portion of Audiomuxer, what do the properties say?

Hmm, in the notes it says "DTS 24-bit 5.1 Channel Surround" but on a CD that doesn't seem possible. Do the files generated look to be the correct size? If you add them to the Audio Conversion portion of Audiomuxer, what do the properties say?

I thought DTS CDs were 20-bit/48-khz DTS audio compressed within a 16-bit/44.1-khz PCM container. The sample rate shouldn't matter for the CD rip, unless you're converting the audio in some way in Foobar. Maybe try EAC?

I thought DTS CDs were 20-bit/48-khz DTS audio compressed within a 16-bit/44.1-khz PCM container. The sample rate shouldn't matter for the CD rip, unless you're converting the audio in some way in Foobar. Maybe try EAC?

I have tries both and the result is the same. It seems that none of the usual tricks work on this one. I've even tries Audiomuxer to change the flac converted dts file to 96/24 and that did nothing.

When I rip my own dts files using Surcode the two options are dts-cd which is 16/44 and dts-dvd which can input 16-24/48. The pcm samplerates match the input rate of the origional before conversion. 24/96 dts is only in a 48khz pcm file and not 44 (or 96). ...this could be a Surcode limitation but I doubt it.

The dts-dvd dts rips from 24/48 files sound much much better than the same origional file downsampled to 16/44 and compressed for a dts-cd. It isn't even close.

Back