No-Man's Tim Bowness - 2 surround releases!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone get their physical disc today? I DID!! :banana:

0FC2DEB2-5FF1-4B86-A4DC-AC86595758EA.jpg

I'm still waiting on "Blackfield V", which was shipped from Burning Shed even before "Lost in the Ghost Light" went out…

Yeah, I don't have Blackfield V yet either. I suppose the difference is I chose tracking option with Bowness as I was a little jumpy about slow shipping as of late. :) Blackfield I'd had on order for quite some time and chose regular speed.

Yeah, I don't have Blackfield V yet either. I suppose the difference is I chose tracking option with Bowness as I was a little jumpy about slow shipping as of late. :) Blackfield I'd had on order for quite some time and chose regular speed.

Ah, yes, that would make a difference in arrival times. Well, enjoy! :)

OK, I couldn't resist. Plopped in the disc and went straight to Lost In The Ghost Light (since I already have Stupid Things). Very, very nice. Super immersive, lush fidelity IMO.

Granted, this is my 5 minute listen review. So grain of salt. But, I clicked through about half the songs and all sound great. :)

OK, I couldn't resist. Plopped in the disc and went straight to Lost In The Ghost Light (since I already have Stupid Things). Very, very nice. Super immersive, lush fidelity IMO.

Granted, this is my 5 minute listen review. So grain of salt. But, I clicked through about half the songs and all sound great. :)

I've listened to Lost in the Ghost Light once too and I agree with what you say. Excellent mix.

A Ghost was waiting for me at home tonight!

Sounds like we both used the same shipping options from Burning Shed. I selected regular shipping for Blackfield & tracking for Tim. Both took 6 days from the day I received the shipping email to delivery date (UK to NYC). If it wasn't for the holiday on Monday, I might have received Tim's a day earlier.

I got my cd/dvd set from Burning Shed today. I'm hoping to listen this weekend but with company here, more coming saturday, and this awful cough/cold it might wait a bit longer than I'd like!

Got mine few days back, have only listened to the stereo mix so far but found it a bit lacking (or not as good as I'd hoped). Not that it sounds bad but it lacks width for me and a lot of the instruments appear to be pushed too far back in the mix. The drums on some of the tracks are very quiet and sound quite distant, yet on others it's like they pop back out.

Great album though, too early to tell but think it's my fave of Tim's solo albums. :)

Hope the 5.1 mix brings out more of the instruments.

For anyone who downloaded the mp3.
I just received the single MP3 file [..]
For those who know how to use it, I have made a CUE file. Save this in a text file and call it: xxx.cue (e.g. "Tim Bowness - Songs from the Ghost Light.cue")
Code:
REM GENRE Art Rock
REM DATE 2017
PERFORMER "Tim Bowness"
TITLE "Songs from the Ghost light"
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN +3.00 dB
REM REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK 0.956348
FILE "Songs from the Ghost light.mp3" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Potential Interlude 1"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +6.01 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.294791
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Stupid Things That Mean The World (alternative version)"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +5.15 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.400416
    INDEX 01 01:46:72
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Great Electric Teenage Dream (live)"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +2.61 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.347236
    INDEX 01 05:22:51
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Potential Interlude 2"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +6.01 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.248038
    INDEX 01 09:37:04
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Sweetest Bitter Pill (alternative version)"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +4.47 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.371482
    INDEX 01 11:39:25
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Dancing For You (live)"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +3.00 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.956348
    INDEX 01 16:11:29
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Lost In The Ghost Light (early version)"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +4.90 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.541045
    INDEX 01 21:58:33
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Potential ending"
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN +5.63 dB
    REM REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK 0.462870
    INDEX 01 23:40:08
BTW. I already put in some Replaygain info, but if your player doesn't use that, I think it won't matter.

Finally got "Lost in the Ghost Light" yesterday (but where's "Blackfield V"?! That one shipped first!)
Playing track one on that album right now in 5.1 surround, and the mix is automatically amazing!

If everything on both of these albums is as good as this first song's mix is, this CD/DVD set is a real winner! :)

Back