No-Man's Tim Bowness - 2 surround releases!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another lyric video, this time for the song "Distant Summers":
[video=youtube;2Aj7IRLj-Rk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aj7IRLj-Rk&spfreload=10[/video]

:)

Just a heads up to let everyone know that this release ("Lost in the Ghost Light") will not be available physically in North America, so the only way to get this release is as an import through a European retailer (like Burning Shed).

Just a heads up to let everyone know that this release ("Lost in the Ghost Light") will not be available physically in North America, so the only way to get this release is as an import through a European retailer (like Burning Shed).

Hi rt

I preordered this through amazon.ca. ASIN: B01N0MIZ7X.
The same is available on amazon.com and uk as well. It shows 1 disc and shows as an Import, i am sure this is the only version available as cd/dvd.

The back of the CD/DVD edition:
71loQOeiSUL._SL1200_.jpg

Rated PG for "Infrequent Suicide References" :yikes

Very interesting interview - hadn't seen that one.

Great to see 5.1 mixes get a mention!:
Talking 5.1, there is a 5.1 mix of Lost in the Ghost light

‘Yeah, the mix was done by Bruce, he did the 5.1 for Stupid Things That mean the World, which wasn’t released at the time, it was only released as a download for pre-orders, so the 5.1 is available on the new CD/DVD, it will be Bruce’s interpretation of Stevens stereo mix, he was very careful in checking while it was being done. I do have strong opinions on 5.1 in that I like the more musical 5.1 mixes, Steven Wilson’s mixes have always been musical, and liked what he’s done with No-Man. But there’s a 5.1 I don’t like, and it’s gimmicks, it’s effects coming from the different speakers. For me the whole point is to immerse yourself more in the music rather than distract yourself with gimmicks, I guess that’s my modus operandi with 5.1, I want something that’s immersive and musical, rather than something that’s going to take your mind of the music. One of the great examples of an immersive mix is Stevens mix of No Mans Together We’re Stranger, and the guitar work on Things I want to Tell You, just sweeps in a circle around, same with the 5.1 mix on Entangled on Genesis Trick of the tale, it had all of the guitars surrounding you. Whereas I do remember a Depeche Mode 5.1 where the music was great but the 5.1 mix was awful having one particular klaxon synth coming out at 5 times the volume of everything else for no reason.’

Just got an email from Burning Shed notifying me that the release is on the way to me in NYC

My "shipped" email was waiting for me when I got up this morning - really looking forward to this one a lot.

It's a pretty long and in-depth article - I just finished reading through it. This little bit though is quite enticing for the future:
"Steven and I have both talked about doing some No-Man dates and making a new album," says Bowness. "Additionally, we did write something new a few years back that was very promising. I'm excited to see where No-Man goes next and I'm also sure that whatever happens won't be like the work we've done before. At least in the sense of us not making Schoolyard Ghosts 2 or Together We're Stranger 2, anyway.

"When working with Steven in 2013, we developed a new No-Man piece out of something the band had been working on since 1994. The new piece was at once very different from the composition it developed from and was immediately, definitively No-Man. There was something in the harmonies, textures and mood that wouldn't have worked on any of the other projects Steven Wilson and I are involved with."

Question for anyone who downloaded the mp3.
Where there more than one Jpeg images in the download?
I just received the single MP3 file and one weird sized jpeg with the image in reverse.

Weird - I wonder if they intended to have other images as this one doesn't scale well into the traditional ITunes type artwork image

Back