Jeff Beck Group's "Rough And Ready" On SACD In January 2017

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This series of mini quad album SACDs from Sony Japan is one of the finest reissue series the quad world has ever seen. Sure, they're $50, but they are created with loving care and the packaging is a treasure pleasure for an old quad collector like me.

This is the 5th in the series I believe. Great job Sony Japan!!! :phones

Fantastic news! Completely agree with Jon, $50 is a heavy price to pay but the attention to detail is magnificent. The release of 'Rough And Ready' will also mean that all the released Jeff Beck quad albums are available as multichannel SACDs, something I don't think any of us would have imagined possible 5 or 10 years ago.

I wonder if Sony Japan will be able to dig up the unreleased quad mix for the Jeff Beck/Jan Hammer Group live album (if it was completed) or a quad mix for the Beck Bogert & Appice live album, which despite being listed as SQ in Mark Anderson's quad discography, I think is actually stereo only.

I also wonder if this Sony Japan thing with Jeff Beck is a one-off series, or if they might expand their scope at all - there are obviously lots of other Columbia and Epic rock quads that would be perfect for that kind of series as we all know.

I'm expecting fredblue to jump up and down at this great news and with good reason. :D

This series of mini quad album SACDs from Sony Japan is one of the finest reissue series the quad world has ever seen. Sure, they're $50, but they are created with loving care and the packaging is a treasure pleasure for an old quad collector like me.

Any if anyone's noticed, they've also reduced the price to $44 each + s/h [CDJapan] ...... This will make a splendid birthday gift for me.

Will Santana be next.........imagine how good Abraxas will finally sound if the current Sony Japan standard is maintained. I, for one, was NOT impressed by the Abraxas QUAD cut on AF's recent QUAD compilation disc.

Ah, I told you they where going to release, happy now, my go to Jeff Beck. $60.90 to my door, getting really expensive, but I am not buying Prog Rock anymore, just couldn't get int it.

Ah, I told you they where going to release, happy now, my go to Jeff Beck. $60.90 to my door, getting really expensive, but I am not buying Prog Rock anymore, just couldn't get int it.

Markie, just take a charter plane to Japan and pick it up day and date of release. Regarding prog rock.......agree, it's played [somewhat].

Whoops. I think I'm behind. 5? BBA and Wired and ???

Good news and not unexpected. I hope that they do well enough with these to continue with other artists.

"Wired" discussion and reviews seems to have fallen off in recent days. Six people voted in the poll, I think it is.

We really need to get another 25 to 30 quad rock titles out soon before the door slams shut again.

Anyway, very glad to see all of the Beck quads out now, and done well.

We are still riding the quad gravy train, another full year of outstanding releases, I'm in awe of what has been done lately. And it's often because of the influence of this forum that we've seen this much action.

Whoops. I think I'm behind. 5? BBA and Wired and ???

Here's a look at the first five, all lined up in pressing number order.... (anal, I know) :confused:

Becks 2.jpg

Great News. Just ordered mine, and it says only 10 left.
Like everyone else, hope Sony Japan is testing the market to see the interest level.
These are done so well, it would be a shame to stop here.

Snood used my CDJAPAN points and got it shipped and everything for 37.43 dollars :cool:

Snood happy :banana:

Well I won't have a job when its released, but hey this series is way too good to miss out on, so ordered! ............I could do with not eating so much anyway!

Back