Jeff Beck Group's "Rough And Ready" On SACD In January 2017

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pictures of the new SACD set. It looks just as good as the previous SACD sets! :)

5140YYCoXqL.jpg

51qyJGzB9jL.jpg

These are such nice releases.....I may have been smitten with the bug....I don't think I"ll be able to stop buying them as long as they are multi-channel. Well, I already ordered this one anyway...

Sorry, off topic...but can you imagine how COOL any of the Sabbath titles would look released by these guys??? I know, I Know...not possible....still cool to think about.

These are such nice releases.....I may have been smitten with the bug....I don't think I"ll be able to stop buying them as long as they are multi-channel. Well, I already ordered this one anyway...

In all my years of Quadding, these 5 SACDs, to me, are the absolute best thing Sony has ever done. Great job by them.

In all my years of Quadding, these 5 SACDs, to me, are the absolute best thing Sony has ever done. Great job by them.

Right on, Jon. They're STUNNING on EVERY conceivable level.

Hopefully, SONY Japan can now tackle the dozen or so Santana QUADS including his collaborations with Alice Coltrane, Buddy Miles and the great John McLaughlin. I would purchase EVERY ONE of them! :mad:@:

Completely agree with this. I think it's a much healthier state of affairs when the major labels are releasing some quad/surround releases on their own in addition to licensing others out to reissue label. I hope this leads to more of these types of releases from Sony Japan - the fact that they did all 5 Jeff Beck quads over the last year or so makes it seem that these were at least worthwhile/profitable for them, and also it's heartening that they even know about these old quad tapes.

Brian Moura mentioned on another thread that Warners isn't licensing out (or cutting down, or making it more difficult to license) quad or 5.1 masters any more. It makes me wonder if they were happy enough with the Chicago Quadio set's sales that it might be giving them ideas about doing more surround releases in the future, so maybe as a result they're keeping their surround assets to themselves?

I haven't gotten much of a chance to listen to Wired yet, but yeah, the packaging is extraordinary. I actually hope I really like Wired so I can justify pulling the trigger on Rough and Ready to support this effort.

I can't wait to get my copy of R/R from CDjapan as the only other disc from them I have is wired...and it looks so lonely sitting on the shelf.

Sounds like you need (at least) a "Beck, Bogert & Appice" Multichannel SACD to keep "Wired" company until "Rough & Ready" arrives! ;)

Sounds like you need (at least) a "Beck, Bogert & Appice" Multichannel SACD to keep "Wired" company until "Rough & Ready" arrives! ;)

Agreed, as the SONY Japan mch SACD literally blows away the old DTS Entertainment version which was sourced from a DAT tape. Wildly discrete and arrives in the same exotic packaging as the previously released Beck SACDs.

CD Japan has notified me that the Multichannel SACD edition of Rough and Ready by Jeff Beck Group is now shipping!
Looking forward to it.

CD Japan has notified me that the Multichannel SACD edition of Rough and Ready by Jeff Beck Group is now shipping!
Looking forward to it.

Heck yeah! I received my email too. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive from it's departure location. Either way.... :cool:

I just looked at the physical Packing Slip in the shipping package, It looks like they actually shipped it on Jan 14th, even though their email came a couple of days later.

did you do standard shipping, or was there an option to pay extra and you get tracking, etc? I think I paid whatever was the cheapest. :mad:@:

Back