Grand Funk - "Shinin' On" Audio Fidelity SACD Coming Jan 2017!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Did you see the posting at the other forum, based as usual on a Amazon boilerplate listing.

No mention at this time of an included surround layer or not.

I find it amazing [and positively irritating] that of the last Six [or so] STEREO only AF releases four had quad mixes. The NEW MoFi of reissues!:yikes

While RTF & WR SACDs were heartbreaking to see get released without their quad mixes, these two new selections are lower level titles - easier for me to get over.

And if AF are fine with passing on quad mixes for added value, Sony Japan and D-V seem eager to pick up the slack somewhat. We just might be right around the corner from a Santana quad, or a Jefferson Starship or Nilsson 2-fer.

I'm feeling good so far going into the new year.

While RTF & WR SACDs were heartbreaking to see get released without their quad mixes, these two new selections are lower level titles - easier for me to get over.

And if AF are fine with passing on quad mixes for added value, Sony Japan and D-V seem eager to pick up the slack somewhat. We just might be right around the corner from a Santana quad, or a Jefferson Starship or Nilsson 2-fer.

I'm feeling good so far going into the new year.

I do agree, quicksrt, it WAS a VERY good year for surround releases..........Out with the Old (AF) and IN with the NEW (Sony Japan, Dutton Vocalion).

Shinin' On has The Loco-motion on it, enough for me.
As good a cover as there ever has been.

Really? I know the classic early-mid 70's live stuff isn't the best audio quality but seriously....why not "Closer to Home" or "Survival" - much better choices than "All the Girls in the World Don't Care"

This just in (from sh.tv)

All The Girls in the World Beware !!
$29.98
This title will be released on February 24, 2017.
Pre-order now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0XSXJL/

:yikes

Well they are Universal titles. It's the EMI section of the vaults, and it might be a hop and a skip over one row and you find more quad tapes.

I'm having a tough time putting a positive spin on this title selection.

The other worrisome thing I noticed is how many AF titles sold out or are about to sell out at retail and it looks like no repressing is going to happen. They would rather turn down sales than be stuck with any leftover stock.

Is this GF title really the best that they could license at this time?

Back