• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Christmas Wish List!! Seeking the following Q8's to help complete the collection:

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Ya just never know what'll happen when you cast the line out, so here goes!

Seeking the following Q8's. Willing to pay fair market value if they're in good condition.

Poco - Cantamos
Jose Feliciano - Feliciano!
Jose Feliciano - Alive-Alive-O! (Tape #1)
B.B. King - Guess Who; To Know You is to Love You (on Blue GRT cartridge, please)
Love Story - Original Movie Sountrack (on Blue Paramount/GRT cartridge, please)
Count Basie - Broadway, Basie's Way (on Blue GRT cartridge, please)
Mountain - Flowers of Evil (Tape #2) (blue cartridge/label)
War - Live!; Deliver the Word (on black UA cartridge)
Enoch Light - Beauty of Brass (Tape #1)
The Carmen Cavallaro Camp plays the Three B's (Romulus Tape)
Dizzy Gillespie - Souled Out (Romulus Tape)

Any of those would be great. :music

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155719101/1970s-epic-records-q8-quad-8track-poco

http://www.8-track-shack.com/jose-feliciano-feliciano-quadraphonic-p-105511.html

I have Alive Alive-O! part one but I can't really part with it until I've run it through my Fostex which won't be for a good while yet. It's remarkable how few of the Alive Alive-O tapes turn up, given it was part of RCA's first batch of Q8 releases in December 1970. Made even more difficult to find by the fact that they sold the two tapes separately for some reason...maybe it was an RCA thing as I think the Elvis Hawaii 2 tape set may have been sold seperately as well.

Have you ever seen a copy of B.B. King's To Know You Is To Love you? I can't find a picture or even a mention of it outside of Mark Anderson's discography. It seems like all the B.B. King tapes are exceedingly rare.

Yikes!! $95 bucks???!?! That's awfully high.

$55? That's a bit high, too. The last one I saw on eBay went for about $28, another went in a batch of I believe 26 Q8's and those wound up selling for $10 apiece.

Have you ever seen a copy of B.B. King's To Know You Is To Love you? I can't find a picture or even a mention of it outside of Mark Anderson's discography. It seems like all the B.B. King tapes are exceedingly rare.

To be honest, I have not. Thought I'd throw it out there in case somebody has. I have seen "Guess Who" on both blue GRT and yellow Ampex but now looking at the album art for "To know you..." I may begin to wonder if that one too is vapourware. I have every other Q8 of B.B. King's and I can certainly say, they don't come around often. Interestingly, they don't go for big money, either.

Never seen it, after all these years, it may have been a test but never got out to us. It is as Canned Heat, no show yet!

Have you ever seen a copy of B.B. King's To Know You Is To Love you?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155719101/1970s-epic-records-q8-quad-8track-poco

http://www.8-track-shack.com/jose-feliciano-feliciano-quadraphonic-p-105511.html

I have Alive Alive-O! part one but I can't really part with it until I've run it through my Fostex which won't be for a good while yet. It's remarkable how few of the Alive Alive-O tapes turn up, given it was part of RCA's first batch of Q8 releases in December 1970. Made even more difficult to find by the fact that they sold the two tapes separately for some reason...maybe it was an RCA thing as I think the Elvis Hawaii 2 tape set may have been sold seperately as well.

I've got a pretty extensive Q8 collection and I've never tracked down Alive Alive-O part 1 either. Yes, very strange that they marketed them separately and that they don't show up often.

Q-Eight: those prices are indeed high, but that's how it is with Q8 tapes as you know, you can have it now for expensive or be patient and get a deal. I wasn't sure how eager you were for those tapes so I thought I'd post them just in case. Both those sellers have had those tapes available literally for years, so it's possibly a nicely worded email might cut the asking price (way) down.

Interesting that no one's seen that B.B. King album. I know all the ABC/GRT quad masters are supposedly 'missing' but man, a SACD or BluRay box set of all the B.B. King quad mixes would be a thing of beauty.

I did a little bit of digging for info about Alive Alive-O! and found something interesting: It was obviously listed in Billboard magazine in Dec. 1970 as part of RCA's initial PQ8 series of Q8 tapes, and then it's listed again in October 1971 (pictures of this in that PQ8 thread I made), but then it gets interesting. RCA put an advertisement in the Aug. 9th, 1975 issue of Billboard with a list of all their quad product available, and all of the Feliciano quads are listed (Feliciano!, Fireworks, 10 to 23 and Compartments) except for Alive Alive-O!. That would suggest to me that Alive Alive-O! was taken out of print some time between 1972 and mid 1975, which would account for its rarity. I think all the other RCA quad tapes were in print until about 1978, and even maybe later via their mail order service. I might go through this 1975 list at some point and by process of elimination see if there are any other PQ8 series tapes that were already out of print by 1975.

Here are a couple of pictures of my part 1 tape, just in case anyone's interested in what it looks like:

IMG_1836.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

That's exactly the tape I'd be looking for! My tape 2 is also the later style with the album art on the cartridge, not an earlier quad8 release with art on the tape box. *sigh* Well, if you ever decide to part ways with it, I'll give it a great home!

I've done business with the 8-track Shack before and while the prices are incredibly high, they also welcome trades. That's how I've acquired some of the rarer tapes in my collection - by trading 2-3 tapes for one. Some of those tapes have been listed for years! Re: the Poco tape, I can't justify $100 for a tape I'd rarely play. I have a standing promise with myself never to break $100 for a tape - a promise I've only broken twice. :rolleyes: I just want to complete the 4-tape Poco collection and I just never seem to see Cantamos listed on eBay anymore. Used to be a staple of the searches but now since I want it, it'll never come around.

I just spent $30 on an Enoch Light title, only to have the same cartridge be listed the following week for $10. D'OH! :mad:

Is this just to own it or do ya want the music, i recorded it and have files if ya want.

That's exactly the tape I'd be looking for! My tape 2 is also the later style with the album art on the cartridge, not an earlier quad8 release with art on the tape box. *sigh* Well, if you ever decide to part ways with it, I'll give it a great home!

I've done business with the 8-track Shack before and while the prices are incredibly high, they also welcome trades. That's how I've acquired some of the rarer tapes in my collection - by trading 2-3 tapes for one. Some of those tapes have been listed for years! Re: the Poco tape, I can't justify $100 for a tape I'd rarely play. I have a standing promise with myself never to break $100 for a tape - a promise I've only broken twice. :rolleyes: I just want to complete the 4-tape Poco collection and I just never seem to see Cantamos listed on eBay anymore. Used to be a staple of the searches but now since I want it, it'll never come around.

I just spent $30 on an Enoch Light title, only to have the same cartridge be listed the following week for $10. D'OH! :mad:

Just checking...are you still searching for any of those tapes you listed? I have the Feliciano and Poco tapes. Best, Ron

Back