R.I.P. Greg Lake

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, a fine talent: strong voice, underrated guitarist, wrote some incredible songs. Not without a sense of humor, too: think of "Father Christmas" for instance.

RIP

ED

Just a sad, sad year.
Seen ELP three times, all in Toronto.
What I remember the best from all the shows was the song C'est la vie.
They played at Maple leaf Gardens, in Quad, with Greg on Acoustic guitar and Kieth on accordion.
Magical. Can still see it/hear it when I close my eyes and think about it.
Thanks for the memories.
R. I. P.

ELP - the first band I was gaga about after The Beatles. And the first rock concert I ever attended (1977 - I was 13!).

My future brother-in-law gave me a box of records that he didn't want a year earlier. I already loved "Brain Salad Surgery" but this box had the self-titled debut album and Tarkus! And while I was looking through the records and checking out the credits on albums by bands I didn't know, I saw an album with a really weird cover that had Greg Lake on vocals and bass. And that's how I was introduced to King Crimson.

Did I mention that this was at the height of disco's popularity? Did I mention that I didn't have much in common with most of my peers?

Again, we are losing so many of our favorites.

So sad that Father Time catches us all.

R.I.P.

"Hug your loved ones folks" :smokin

Terribly sad. What a big, glorious voice he had. He will always be the true vocalist of King Crimson to me, and the shining star of ELP. Will be tough to hear I Believe in Father Christmas throughout the remainder of the holiday season this year.

R.I.P. Greg Lake

Totally agree...
was having this nightmare it was 2016 and the world was going to hell in a hand basket!!!

Could somebody stop this?

..please???

No way not now,

If you are able to remember Bedtime for Bonzo and what a nightmare that was,
this is gonna be a million times worse
Yes, it can.

Back