Kodi Skins for Music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I managed to get a copy of Krypton 17.0 loaded on the NAS. Its up and running, but still no sign of the add-on called skin shortcuts.

I successfully added Aeon Nox Silvo to my windows based laptop and had no problem finding the skin shortcuts add-on, but twice now using Linux based versions of Kodi that add-on does not show up. Can Aeon Nox Silvo be run on a Linux based machine?

So I managed to get a copy of Krypton 17.0 loaded on the NAS. Its up and running, but still no sign of the add-on called skin shortcuts.

I successfully added Aeon Nox Silvo to my windows based laptop and had no problem finding the skin shortcuts add-on, but twice now using Linux based versions of Kodi that add-on does not show up. Can Aeon Nox Silvo be run on a Linux based machine?

Yes I'm using SiLVO on a NUC and WETEK Hub both running LibreELEC (Linux).

Aeon Nox SiLVO is not in the Kodi repository. You have to add the SiLVO repository manually by installing it from the SiLVO rep zip file. See the Aeon Nox SiLVO thread on Kodi forum.

The Skin Shortcuts add-on is in the Kodi Repository so you can install that from there (it's not part of SiLVO) - Edit: but if your QNAP Kodi is a custom version maybe it's not included?

Yes I'm using SiLVO on a NUC and WETEK Hub both running LibreELEC (Linux).

Aeon Nox SiLVO is not in the Kodi repository. You have to add the SiLVO repository manually by installing it from the SiLVO rep zip file. See the Aeon Nox SiLVO thread on Kodi forum.

The Skin Shortcuts add-on is in the Kodi Repository so you can install that from there (it's not part of SiLVO) - Edit: but if your QNAP Kodi is a custom version maybe it's not included?

I did successfully install Aeon Nox Silvo on my windows laptop. So I knew it was in a different repository. I also knew skin shortcuts was in the Kodi repository. It just isn't included in any of the versions I have for use on the QNAP. The newest version (Krypton 17.0) was put out by a 3rd party who is very knowledgeable in QNAP script. But it apparently isn't the same as the standard Linux version. So the conclusion is that QNAP installs do not include the full Kodi repository. And the missing skin shortcuts add-on wont allow the skin to work properly.

Eventually I will need to go to a media player. There are other reasons besides just the skin changes. For what its worth, I really like the Aeon Nox Silvo interface when I use my laptop. It is waaaay cool.

as a side point, Im wondering if something isn't up with Wetek. When I search on Ebay, it is only available from a Belgian seller. I can also get one from Canadian Best Buys stores. And I am close enough to just go pick one up (the border is 20 minutes away). But they are not available in US Best Buys, nor any other US retailer I can find... Very strange.

Last edited:
I must be living proof that even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....

So I found a way to get add-on skin shortcuts onto the QNAP Kodi Krypton 17.0. I googled it and eventually found a link that led me to a zip download of skin shortcuts. I moved it to a music directory and installed from zip. Of course I had to figure out that I also needed to enable 3rd party repositories in Kodi in order for zip installs to work. I did the same with the Aeon Nox Silvo skin and enabled it. After a bunch of updates and installs, it all started up.

I'm still playing with it and so far, there are parts of it I really like, and parts I don't. There are a bunch of options I haven't explored yet. I'm not crazy about the "popup video" lyric presentation. And for some reason my mouse buttons don't work like they used to. Now I need to use the enter key to select things. I also can't find where I can tell it not to list artists from compilations.

Still its all running.... now to grab that fanart for the slideshows.

I must be living proof that even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....

So I found a way to get add-on skin shortcuts onto the QNAP Kodi Krypton 17.0. I googled it and eventually found a link that led me to a zip download of skin shortcuts. I moved it to a music directory and installed from zip. Of course I had to figure out that I also needed to enable 3rd party repositories in Kodi in order for zip installs to work. I did the same with the Aeon Nox Silvo skin and enabled it. After a bunch of updates and installs, it all started up.

I'm still playing with it and so far, there are parts of it I really like, and parts I don't. There are a bunch of options I haven't explored yet. I'm not crazy about the "popup video" lyric presentation. And for some reason my mouse buttons don't work like they used to. Now I need to use the enter key to select things. I also can't find where I can tell it not to list artists from compilations.

Still its all running.... now to grab that fanart for the slideshows.

In the Kodi Music Library there is a setting regarding showing all/compilation artists.

If you have a smartphone or tablet there are a couple of free Kodi remote apps you should try. If you have an iOS device I strongly recommend the Kodi Music Remote for music: www.kodimusicremote.com

If you use MediEkch to scrape the Artist (creates an nfo) the Kodi add-on Artist SlideShow will auto download and display fanart.

In the Kodi Music Library there is a setting regarding showing all/compilation artists.

If you have a smartphone or tablet there are a couple of free Kodi remote apps you should try. If you have an iOS device I strongly recommend the Kodi Music Remote for music: www.kodimusicremote.com

If you use MediEkch to scrape the Artist (creates an nfo) the Kodi add-on Artist SlideShow will auto download and display fanart.

Well maybe on most versions of Kodi there is a setting regarding showing all/compilation artists. I've got two versions that do, and one that doesn't it seems.

I don't use a smartphone. Control is via my wireless keyboard.

I got MediaElch working properly (after donating and loading up a recent build). Its somewhat fussy about exact artist names as you said. For example Mike Rutherford's side band has to be called "Mike + the Mechanics", not Mike and the Mechanics or Mike & the Mechanics. On the other hand, it can't seem to find anything for something simple like the band "Rush".

My biggest problem with the Aeon Nox Silvo skin is what it does with lyrics. I googled and searched for a solution, but there is no way to present lyrics in a more conventional style (per a reply from Mr. Silvo). I have two versions of Aeon Nox Silvo installed on two different machines. The Windows install presents lyrics as are shown in the screenshots above, where it presents 3 lines or so in a scribbly text. My QNAP install provides them one line at a time in an animated fashion using big thick multi-colored fonts which I truly dislike. I prefer the full page approach used with the Confluence skin. Maybe its time to look for other skins? Anyone know one that has a traditional lyric presentation but does fanart slide shows?

EDIT: The missing show "all/compilation" artists issue is solved. In Kodi 17.x (Krypton) the option has been renamed to " show album and song artists".

Last edited:
Back