Steven Wilson: "To The Bone" (new album)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember when I posted a few weeks ago that Mark Feltham was in the studio recording with Steven Wilson?
Well now we have a short clip of the song he's playing on:
[video=youtube;RAPJvWJAOFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAPJvWJAOFI&spfreload=10[/video]

:)

Andy Partridge tweet:

Just heard the mixes of 2 co-writes I did with Steven Wilson,for his new album.Really thrilling mixes,the word EPIC came to mind.Huge sounds

[emoji1303][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Wilson let an interesting bit of news slip out on his Facebook page today, which is that his new album (to be released this Fall) will also be on a new label.
He didn't say which label, so I guess we'll have to wait on all the details until another day.
I just hope it's a label that supports high-res surround sound.

;)

Steven Wilson let an interesting bit of news slip out on his Facebook page today, which is that his new album (to be released this Fall) will also be on a new label.
He didn't say which label, so I guess we'll have to wait on all the details until another day.

;)

More good news for SW fans (in addition to the Porcupine Tree blu-ray release news posted earlier)

;)

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see it released on his own label, that would make sense. SW and PT have done it plenty of times before with Headphone Dust and Transmission, maybe it will be one of those...

Whichever way, I really can't see him using a label that wouldn't support 5.1 surround mixes of his solo work...

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see it released on his own label, that would make sense. SW and PT have done it plenty of times before with Headphone Dust and Transmission, maybe it will be one of those...

Whichever way, I really can't see him using a label that wouldn't support 5.1 surround mixes of his solo work...

Except that almost all of the Headphone Dust and Transmission releases were usually smaller and much more limited in nature compared to the major studio album release that this will be.

The whispers indicate that it is a "major" label (actually says that on wiki, not that that is by any means the most accurate info). In these days of takeovers, mergers, etc I just hope he's got a deal in place so that his stuff does not end up in any future limbo like In Absentia and Deadwing.

The official statement on Steven's website:

We can now officially announce that Steven has signed a worldwide record deal with Caroline International, part of the Universal Music Group, joining a roster that includes Peter Gabriel, Thurston Moore, Iggy Pop, Van Morrison, Glass Animals and Underworld among others.

SW: “I’m absolutely delighted to be entering into partnership with Michael Roe and his team at Caroline for my next album. Although Caroline exist within the Universal Music Group, their philosophy allows me to remain creatively independent, while at the same time providing the “muscle” that being with a major organisation brings. This makes it a perfect home for me, and I’m happy to now be label mates with some of the most respected musicians in the industry.”

Michael Roe, Joint Managing Director of Caroline International: “I’ve been a fan of Steven’s recorded and production work for many years. He’s an incredible talent with a big and dedicated fanbase but someone who has not received the wider recognition I think he deserves. I’m thrilled he’s chosen Caroline as a home.”

The follow up to 2015’s Hand. Cannot. Erase. will be released later this year, more news coming soon.

As long as he can still continue to provide high-resolution Blu-Ray audio releases, this is all fine with me! :)

Back