Steven Wilson: "To The Bone" (new album)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon has further reduced the price of the stand alone BD~A/V to $13.79.

How LOW will it GO?

I don't need it to go lower, I need it delivered. Amazon USA indicates that my pre-order "usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks." :(:(

Gave in and am listening to the stream of it on Amazon Unlimted. First impression is that it is swerve in direction again. Somewhere between Blackfield and PT's "Stupid Dream/Lightbulb Sun" era. Very mellow. Only one song, " Detonation" has a progressive jazz/prog vibe going on it.

I was reading the hypes that this was "his masterpiece" but I think "Hand" is way better.
Don't get me wrong, This is the type of music I like best from SW and I like what I heard on a stereo stream but the 5.1 is really going to have to blow me away for this thing to even crack the top 10 SW driven albums.

It arrived!

Now listening to the 5.1 mix. First pass seems awesome but will listen more closely before properly commenting and rating. Package is the same quality as HCE, i.e. fucking lovely! :) The enclosed download card gets you the album in wav format. And the songs are just stunning. Great opening track!

20863243_10155445250820499_1804503834050805427_o.jpg

It arrived!

Now listening to the 5.1 mix. First pass seems awesome but will listen more closely before properly commenting and rating. Package is the same quality as HCE, i.e. fucking lovely! :) The enclosed download card gets you the album in wav format. And the songs are just stunning. Great opening track!

Mine is waiting at home so I haven't got to look at it yet. Is there a download code for the tracks on the 7" at all? I still don't see the point of including that in a set of hi-res discs...

First listen too. Wow! Pariah is so powerful and yet Steve's use of the mellotron in the quieter moments is sublime. Refuge too, powerful yet ends with beautiful ambient simplicity. He's a master of that. Mix is good, sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is waiting at home so I haven't got to look at it yet. Is there a download code for the tracks on the 7" at all? I still don't see the point of including that in a set of hi-res discs...

Nope. Download code is for the 11 album tracks in wav format only. CD2 and the 7" are seemingly exclusive in those formats.

Nope. Download code is for the 11 album tracks in wav format only. CD2 and the 7" are seemingly exclusive in those formats.

It's a shame that there's no download code. I know they are exclusive to the box, that's fine, but it seems crazy not to include the 7" tracks on CD2 or at least have a download code for the folks that don't really do vinyl. I for one will probably never even play the 7" :(

Yeah, I've no turntable so vinyl for me is pretty much a big coaster - no use to me at all and a bit ridiculous to have tracks in a set this expensive that you can't play.

And a download code for the album inside the box? Nice, but instead why didn't they email the code out on release day instead so those that paid expensive shipping costs only to have the box sent regular post and take a week or two to arrive would at least have a legit decent wav quality version to play until the set arrives? Once I have the box I don't need a download!

In the same boat here. I pre-ordered from Bull Moose. The status on the item now says "Out of stock rare item. We will try to get it for you." (I ordered the stand-alone Blu-ray.)

:howl

I just received an email from Amazon. The standalone bluray is expected to be delivered on August 28th.
So much for bluray being released on the same day as the CD.

And a download code for the album inside the box? Nice, but instead why didn't they email the code out on release day instead so those that paid expensive shipping costs only to have the box sent regular post and take a week or two to arrive would at least have a legit decent wav quality version to play until the set arrives? Once I have the box I don't need a download!
As I said before, Caroline is absolutely blowing this. Anyone who preordered the album through the official site—not just the deluxe, but especially in that case—should have, at minimum, been given download codes for each of the advance singles as they were released (MP3s at the very least) and the full album on release day (today in North America). I don't know if it's just incompetence or misguided fears of piracy. The whole damn album leaked, anyway. Just dumb.

Screw the majors. They don't know what they're doing anymore.

As I said before, Caroline is absolutely blowing this. Anyone who preordered the album through the official site—not just the deluxe, but especially in that case—should have, at minimum, been given download codes for each of the advance singles as they were released (MP3s at the very least) and the full album on release day (today in North America). I don't know if it's just incompetence or misguided fears of piracy. The whole damn album leaked, anyway. Just dumb.

Screw the majors. They don't know what they're doing anymore.

Totally, and Steven ought to be pretty peeved at how they've handled the initial release of his album - stock problems with biggest seller (Amazon) amongst others, deluxe version purchasers getting screwed with high shipping costs and slow delivery and no download until it finally arrives...botched, totally botched, release.

I hope it's not a deal with any long term commitment as this crap does not work in his favor.

So it appears that no one (or very few) in the US have received their deluxe edition or Blu-Ray so far.
My deluxe edition should be scheduled to arrive on Monday, but I also placed an order for the single Blu-Ray from Burning Shed, which I forgot to cancel after I ordered the deluxe edition, so I am definitely up for selling for the single Blu-Ray to someone in the US in case they do not want to wait for amazon to come through with their order.

More info when my single Blu-Ray actually arrives.

:)

My deluxe edition arrived yesterday. But as I am in the UK I expected that. We have been spoiled by the excellent customer service of Burning Shed and SW's old label KScope. Burning Shed do an excellent job of keeping everyone up to date with packaging and shipping of releases and of shipping overseas orders as early as possible to try and have everyone get new releases as near to release date as possible. With SW now signed to a major, we lose that special customer service.

So it appears that no one (or very few) in the US have received their deluxe edition or Blu-Ray so far.
My deluxe edition should be scheduled to arrive on Monday, but I also placed an order for the single Blu-Ray from Burning Shed, which I forgot to cancel after I ordered the deluxe edition, so I am definitely up for selling for the single Blu-Ray to someone in the US in case they do not want to wait for amazon to come through with their order.

More info when my single Blu-Ray actually arrives.

:)

As I mentioned earlier, I ordered from Bull Moose. I received further notice that mine will be delivered August 25th (Friday). Fine by me as I assume I have other things waiting for me when I get home from vacation. :)

Ordered blu-ray only version from Barnes & Noble yesterday for $9.03+tax (using coupon + free shipping as B&N member)...Awesome deal...

Back