Steven Wilson: "To The Bone" (new album)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An intreaguing development for sure, Andy P has been quite Chameleon like in the last few years check out Gonwards and Powers

Yes, as well as his collaboration with Mike Keneally, Wing Beat Fantastic. It's excellent.

Well, good for him. Finally, the man's getting ambitious again! :rolleyes:

(Seriously, if I had this guy's drive and energy...I MIIIGHT be able to finish a whole sandwich. Wilson could give Zappa a run for his money.)

Here's a clip of Steven Wilson and Ninet Tayeb recording vocals for a new song called "Pariah", something SW wrote as a duet for him and Ninet.
I like it! :)

[video=youtube;dEFvI-Tmezo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEFvI-Tmezo[/video]

Oh that track sounds just delicious. Steven and Ninet sound so good together.

freakin' goosebumps all over :bounce (my heart is still racing.. for real:banana:)

sounds real promising... she takes it a notch higher even :D

really could've gone without the "
a9n7lu.gif
" word though... (am I slowly getting bitter?!;))

Interesting update here

17 new songs!! :mad:@:

I'll miss Guthrie and Marco especially live.

Seems that it went sour with Marco though. :(

Anyway, it's always intriguing to hear where Steven is going to takes us next.

Sad to hear that https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...playing_drums_on_new_steven_wilson_album.html

Marco was the best drummer SW has ever worked with IMO. He makes Steven sound very petty and classless, which is not something we normally hear.

I agree that Marco is a great drummer, but Blundell is a bloody awesome drummer and I have never heard him make Steven sounds either petty or classless. I watched him at the Royal Albert Hall gig, and as a drummer myself, I am super critical, but could find no fault with his playing, his style nor his passion. He's also a bloody nice bloke, which is rare in this industry.

I also thought Marco's Facebook rant at Steven was pretty lame and very unprofessional :(

Sad to hear that https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...playing_drums_on_new_steven_wilson_album.html

Marco was the best drummer SW has ever worked with IMO. He makes Steven sound very petty and classless, which is not something we normally hear.

OUCH, Marco is the one blowing off some steam in those quotes so we haven't even heard SW's take on this so I am not reading to much into it as any stuff I have read about SW and some first hand knowledge of someone working with SW is that he is a gentleman in his dealing with people.
Funny thing is Marco in side project work is working with Nick Beggs in 'The Mute Gods" so that was a by product of SW touring band.

I was fortunate to see one tour with Marco in it and also one with Craig and thought they both did a fantastic job with SW's material.

peter

An interesting update from Steven Wilson today:
The mighty Mark Feltham in the studio yesterday. I've loved Mark's playing ever since I heard him on Talk Talk's "Colour of Spring" and The The's "Mind Bomb" in the late 80's, so it was an honour to have him play on 2 songs for the new album.

:)

I agree that Marco is a great drummer, but Blundell is a bloody awesome drummer and I have never heard him make Steven sounds either petty or classless. I watched him at the Royal Albert Hall gig, and as a drummer myself, I am super critical, but could find no fault with his playing, his style nor his passion. He's also a bloody nice bloke, which is rare in this industry.

I also thought Marco's Facebook rant at Steven was pretty lame and very unprofessional :(

Hmmm, weird..maybe Marco hadn't taken his meds that day..
I find it odd that a pro like Marco had blown off his top like that.
Most Pros do not let their worst get the best of them.
He obviously thinks he deserves more credit than what SW gave him, but, in the end, they are ALL SW's babies and not his.

From my point of view, Marco is an excellent drummer (and according to Tony Levin, an excellent guitarist AND bassist), so he might be a bit "diva-ish"...these kind of comments are the kind that , if you know you f*cked up, you'll apologize later...
Burning bridges, ESPECIALLY with someone like SW can get you ostracized very quickly, so I hope he has a real good back up plan...

BTW, if we are gonna get picky and criticize Marco, when I saw U.K.'s "farewell/final tour" show in London in 2015, Virgil Donati CRUSHED the drumming part, but curiously, when I got the U.K. box set and its 2011 reunion show BD in Stereo, it was Marco drumming, and IMHO, his drumming was lifeless compared to either Bozzio or Donati...

Speaking of drummers with SW, I saw his Raven Tour and was a bit disappointed by Chad Wackerman's performance. His heart wasn't into it...he played everything correctly but something was missing...

Now, CRAIG, is a monster!!!

apologize for the derail...now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Back