the night siren-steve hackett

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mam

Steve Hackett - The Night Siren

Special Edition CD/Blu-Ray Mediabook featuring 5.1 surround sound mix & making of documentary

dezevians1l64ghg5.jpg

released on 24 March 2017

http://www.hackettsongs.com/news/newsAlbum20.html

Does anybody know if somebody other than Roger King mixed the 5.1 on the night siren? I can't believe we are possibly going to get another terrible 5.1 mix of a brand new bunch of songs! Hopefully not!!!

Does anybody know if somebody other than Roger King mixed the 5.1 on the night siren? I can't believe we are possibly going to get another terrible 5.1 mix of a brand new bunch of songs! Hopefully not!!!

I don't know for sure, but I would be very surprised if someone other than Roger King was mixing this album (both in 5.1 surround and stereo.)

OK, if you saw my post in the 'recent and upcoming gigs' thread, you will know that myself and Tim (timbre4) attended both of Steve Hackett's concerts in Nashville this week.
As part of the setlist, he played three new songs from the soon-to-be-released album "The Night Siren": "Behind the Smoke", "El Nino", and "In the Skeleton Gallery".
All three songs were very good (and you can even hear "In the Skeleton Gallery" now online), but the REAL scorcher was "El Nino", an intense instrumental track.
After hearing it the first night, I remember Tim and I both looking at each other and thinking, "Damn, that was good!"

If this upcoming record has at least a decent surround mix to it, I will not hesitate to buy it after being so impressed with what I heard over the last two nights!

:)

I miss Clint Eastwood telling me the cheapest place to buy this.

Well in this instance, if the surround mix is as bad as the one on "Wolflight", you're better off just getting the CD for this new album.
I already know some of the material on this record is awesome, cause Steve played 3 songs from the album at his recent shows in Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what they did when they played at The Giants Of Rock weekend, I really thought the songs were excellent as well.

OK, if you saw my post in the 'recent and upcoming gigs' thread, you will know that myself and Tim (timbre4) attended both of Steve Hackett's concerts in Nashville this week.
As part of the setlist, he played three new songs from the soon-to-be-released album "The Night Siren": "Behind the Smoke", "El Nino", and "In the Skeleton Gallery".
All three songs were very good (and you can even hear "In the Skeleton Gallery" now online), but the REAL scorcher was "El Nino", an intense instrumental track.
After hearing it the first night, I remember Tim and I both looking at each other and thinking, "Damn, that was good!"

If this upcoming record has at least a decent surround mix to it, I will not hesitate to buy it after being so impressed with what I heard over the last two nights!

Yay! I finally found a video of "El Nino", the epic instrumental that Steve has been playing from the album on his current tour. Enjoy, it's a scorcher!

[video=youtube;3X0Z5AGj82I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X0Z5AGj82I&spfreload=10[/video]

Live rehearsal video of Steve Hackett and band running through "El Nino":
[video=youtube;Fwrdwo04-jU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwrdwo04-jU&spfreload=10[/video]

Right, I'm almost through my first listen of the bluray in LPCM 5.1. I must confess that I have a stinking cold and my hearing is a bit muffled. But I would say that the mix is definitely better than Wolflight, its proper discrete 5.1 this time. The centre front is used oddly and inconsistently, not much for lead vocals or lead instruments, but its definitely used. The rears definitely see some action, including some nice guitar panning on a favourite of yours Ryan, El Nino, a great instrumental. Not an immersive 10 on first listen, but I'm enjoying it.

Right, I'm almost through my first listen of the bluray in LPCM 5.1. I must confess that I have a stinking cold and my hearing is a bit muffled. But I would say that the mix is definitely better than Wolflight, its proper discrete 5.1 this time. The centre front is used oddly and inconsistently, not much for lead vocals or lead instruments, but its definitely used. The rears definitely see some action, including some nice guitar panning on a favourite of yours Ryan, El Nino, a great instrumental. Not an immersive 10 on first listen, but I'm enjoying it.

That's good that you think it's better than "Wolflight". Looks like I might be pulled into purchasing it after all… ;)

I'm very glad a few of you got this disc in before I did.
I was so concerned that the 5.1 mix on this Blu-Ray would be as bad as people said the 5.1 mix on "Wolflight" was, but I'm happy to say after purchasing it today at Grimey's (in Nashville) that this disc does have a good 5.1 mix! (Not great, but good.)
The music is top-notch, so for the price (around $20 or less) I would recommend purchasing it.
Poll here: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...0-Hackett-Steve-THE-NIGHT-SIREN-Blu-Ray-Audio

Back