High Falootin - Do You Even Care, debut album in HD surround & stereo at bandcamp

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you double-click right on the individual song files (one at a time) they will download as single FLAC files with no zip archiving.

I just tried a few test downloads - both individually and with the zip feature. It just worked both ways and the download was fast.

I investigated the Mega page regarding downloading vs. importing to your cloud drive account.
If you click the import button and do not already have an account, you get an error message telling you that you need to log into your account or create one if you don't have one. As expected.
Double-clicking on a folder navigates to that folder's contents as expected and as noted.
Double-clicking on a file (FLAC or ALAC) downloads that single file with no zip archive. (I need to include a note about this function as it isn't completely intuitive!)
Clicking on the download as zip button makes a zip of the current directory (folder) you are in.

The dozen times I've tested the 'download as zip' function with the 5.1 folder it worked every time and the download took about 20 minutes.
I tried the 'import' function (I made a test account to import to). It prompted me to log into my account as mentioned. The transfer was instantaneous.

I clearly see a Mega page in the screen shot above with the quota errors. I don't know what sequence of events you need to do to get that error!
My only guess is it's an unsupported browser thing (like trying to use Internet Explorer - or "edge" they call it now - or perhaps Safari).

Mega lists both the stock Windows IE and Apple Safari as only "partially supported". They do appear to support Windows though. This isn't a Mac-only thing. It must be crashing with these browsers.
I recommend Firefox (which I'm thinking would make a lot of other problems go away as well for browsing in general).

OK. Hmmm... again then.
You have a Mega account.
Using Firefox.
Trying to 'import' to your account.

Are you running Windows? I know it's low hanging fruit and all...
Maybe Windows still needs extensions installed to deal with files over 2GB or 4GB (I forget the limit)? (The 5.1 folder is 3.28GB.)
All I can suggest is to either import them or download them song by song for a workaround and apologize for the inconvenience.
(Not trying to sound like an Apple ad either. My interest in them starts and ends with the pro computer line with no exceptions.)

Please let me know any more details in case it leads to something I can fix!
hi Jim, thanks bro. No worries, I was doing something wrong yesterday. Dont know what, but this morning I was able to download the hi res stereo and 5.1 zips without any problem. There was no need to log on to MEGA either.

Gave the 5.1 a first quick listen. Will give it more listens during the weekend.

So far,it sounds good with excellent mix :)

hi Jim, thanks bro. No worries, I was doing something wrong yesterday. Dont know what, but this morning I was able to download the hi res stereo and 5.1 zips without any problem. There was no need to log on to MEGA either.

Gave the 5.1 a first quick listen. Will give it more listens during the weekend.

So far,it sounds good with excellent mix :)

Nice :)

I'd love any suggestions for notes/instructions to help make things more clear too.

Nice :)

I'd love any suggestions for notes/instructions to help make things more clear too.

Well, being an over 50 guy, I admit my eyes tend to play tricks with me. So, the text file that had the instructions for accessing the multi-channel was not obvious to me at all. When I opened it, all the words/sentences were totally run together without spaces. So, my brain/eyes told me it was a bunch of gobbly-gook, so I disregarded it. That was part of my problem. I guess, if the text file could be cleaned up with some punctuation, etc., it might be easier to follow. (y)

Well, being an over 50 guy, I admit my eyes tend to play tricks with me. So, the text file that had the instructions for accessing the multi-channel was not obvious to me at all. When I opened it, all the words/sentences were totally run together without spaces. So, my brain/eyes told me it was a bunch of gobbly-gook, so I disregarded it. That was part of my problem. I guess, if the text file could be cleaned up with some punctuation, etc., it might be easier to follow. (y)

No futher comments :brew

sorry if I missed it in a prev discussion, can I just ask, what is the problem with Bandcamp and 5.1 Flac etc., do they not support it/advocate it in download form?

sorry if I missed it in a prev discussion, can I just ask, what is the problem with Bandcamp and 5.1 Flac etc., do they not support it/advocate it in download form?

The issue is that they don't support multiple masters.

I think they honestly truly are just behind the times a bit (as opposed to promoting the selling of multiple formats and multiple levels of quality as individual sales as is SOP for the major labels). Or should I say "not on the cutting edge"? I talked with them and they are only set up to handle one master for a release at present. If we were to only give them the 5.1 HD FLAC files, we'd be leaving the stereo listeners and portable device listeners in the dust.

I got mine downloaded and have listened to the first 3 songs (a couple of times, kept getting interrupted :violin) back on song 3 again, so far enjoying the music quite a bit, nice Stonesy Aerosmithy classicky rock feel too it, among other influences. Good fidelity with plenty of bass and plenty of surround activity, more than worth the $5 I gave, would be happy to pay more for a follow up of the same quality. Nice to have something a little more classicky guitar rockin'!

I'm curious if anyone has downloaded the DVDA or bluray disc images and if your experience with that went well.

Appreciate the positive comments! :)

Nothing, I`ve downloaded flac, theres a *.txt with mega.nz link an password.

But "link is not available"

:(:(

Ahhhhh, after link "decryption" as one word, so i copied the "de" after link. :D

now it`s right

Back