Question about burning CD/DVD w/DTS encoded audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

symbionproject

Hey group
I'm a quad mixer who has mixed 2 albums in quad (4.1) and released both on DVD (DTS 5.1 encode) and digitally (4-channel wav & 5.1 FLAC).
As a DIY artist, manufacturing CD/DVDs is pretty expensive and shipping internationally is exorbitant along with VAT/taxes etc.
I'm looking for solutions to get around all this.
The group of surround listeners who can playback digital files is pretty small so I'm looking for a solution for those that still need CD/DVD for their surround playback.

If delivered (though digital download) DTS encoded files for the songs (both in 44.1KHz .wav for CD, and 48KHZ .cpt for DVD) would it be possible to then burn these files onto either a CD or DVD and have your systems recognize and play them back?

Here's a link to a song encoded in DTS in both those formats. Anyone out there might want to download and try burning a DVD and/or CD to see if this works?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gat9bhxbu7...0TEST.zip?dl=0

My hope is that this works and that most people still have access to CD/DVD burning capabilities and this'd be another way to get around physical discs.
thanks again for all your support and help!

Kasson

The wav files would be easy to burn to a CD but I believe you would have to make a VIDEO_TS folder to burn to a DVD in order for the .cpt files to play

Right - that makes sense. I'm going to investigate creating my own ISO and will place the .cpt dts files in the video VIDEO_TS and see how that turns out. thanks for your help!

The wav files would be easy to burn to a CD but I believe you would have to make a VIDEO_TS folder to burn to a DVD in order for the .cpt files to play

Back