Combining ITunes & Apple Music on my IPhone

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPR

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Apple techs were clueless; maybe someone here can help me
I have 2,500 ITunes on my IPhone SE 64GB
Recently downloaded Apple Music;free, for 3 months; when combining them, on the Music app on the IPhone
the ITunes are no longer downloaded; (meaning when there's no data or wifi signal, they WON'T play
I travel for business frequently underground on the NYC subway; (no signal between stations)
I can INDIVIDUALLY download them, but it'll take a month; haha
Any suggestions, other than deleting Apple Music?
FYI: NOT interested in Spotify, or other streams
Already have Amazon Music for FREE with Amazon Prime
BTW: My 2,500 ITunes are MORE IMPORTANT to me than Apple Music:confused::mad:

Apple techs were clueless; maybe someone here can help me
I have 2,500 ITunes on my IPhone SE 64GB
Recently downloaded Apple Music;free, for 3 months; when combining them, on the Music app on the IPhone
the ITunes are no longer downloaded; (meaning when there's no data or wifi signal, they WON'T play
I travel for business frequently underground on the NYC subway; (no signal between stations)
I can INDIVIDUALLY download them, but it'll take a month; haha
Any suggestions, other than deleting Apple Music?
FYI: NOT interested in Spotify, or other streams
Already have Amazon Music for FREE with Amazon Prime
BTW: My 2,500 ITunes are MORE IMPORTANT to me than Apple Music:confused::mad:

If you bought them from the iTunes store, it's all mp3 quality first thing. No matter what happens, at the end of the day you have no recourse for getting the full quality files. So there's that right off the bat.

You as the consumer are completely on your own with acquiring digital music, acquiring the full quality copy (when portable reductions abound), and keeping an archive for it.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear! :(
Moving forward, only download lossless (for purchase anyway - free mp3 "calling cards" are a fine thing) and keep track of the files yourself.
The most you can do for your current stuff is download the lossy iTunes files and archive them.

Only 25 or so were bought from ITunes/Apple
The rest were MY CD'S that I downloaded into my ITunes account
Not looking for SACD or DVD/A audio quality; just want to listen to both streaming & downloads

Back