2017 5.1 / Quad Predictions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another prediction/wish for this year:
Following on the 3CD/Blu-Ray edition of "Idlewild South" in 2015, the 4CD edition of "Brothers & Sisters" in 2013, and the full set of Fillmore East concerts in 2014, I would love for Universal to release a super deluxe set of "Eat A Peach" this year.
Besides including the 2004 5.1 mix (or maybe a new 5.1 mix from Kevin Reeves), if the master tape still exists, they could also include the Quadraphonic mix for the first time on an optical release, and if all that was included on a Blu-Ray disc, I think there are a lot of us who would buy that, am I right?

:)

Win Lose Or Draw in 5.1 ?
Enlightened Rogues in 5.1 ?
Or Gregg Allman - Laid Back in 5.1?

Laid Back was one of those 'announced for quad but never released' titles, it would be pretty cool if they could dig that one up.

Following on the 3CD/Blu-Ray edition of "Idlewild South" in 2015, the 4CD edition of "Brothers & Sisters" in 2013, and the full set of Fillmore East concerts in 2014, I would love for Universal to release a super deluxe set of "Eat A Peach" this year.
Besides including the 2004 5.1 mix (or maybe a new 5.1 mix from Kevin Reeves), if the master tape still exists, they could also include the Quadraphonic mix for the first time on an optical release, and if all that was included on a Blu-Ray disc, I think there are a lot of us who would buy that, am I right?

Since I don't own Eat A Peach, yet understand its importance - yes, I would buy it. :)

You have got to be kidding Gene......"Eat A Peach" 5.1 SACD is available for cheap on ImportCDs or other spots I'm sure. I think I may still have a spare you can have for shipping. Some of the best ABB music, despite the mid-course correction during recording.
Btw, did you know that there is an old 3D movie named "Gog"? I sense a moniker name change coming on.....:yikes John

You have got to be kidding Gene......"Eat A Peach" 5.1 SACD is available for cheap on ImportCDs or other spots I'm sure. I think I may still have a spare you can have for shipping. Some of the best ABB music, despite the mid-course correction during recording.
Btw, did you know that there is an old 3D movie named "Gog"? I sense a moniker name change coming on.....:yikes John

LOL! I know, I know. There are just some things that cannot easily be explained. Oh yes, monker changes....oh the possibilities. :mad:@:
I think in general, it's due to my history of not really associating with that "southern" rock, or whatever we'd like to call it. I know they don't quite fit that mold...but close.

Win Lose Or Draw in 5.1 ?
Enlightened Rogues in 5.1 ?
Or Gregg Allman - Laid Back in 5.1?

I think those albums have a higher likelihood of being released as deluxe editions (with surround sound) in the years to come, but this year marks the 45th anniversary of "Eat A Peach", so I think it has a stronger chance of being reissued this year than the others do.

As many of you know, I tend to be a fairly positive person. I'll change my tune for once with this prediction. I'll admit that I really hope to be proven wrong, but I doubt it.

I have a feeling that we will not be seeing any more Hybrid Stereo/Quad SACDs from Audio Fidelity.

There, I said it.

Like I said, I really hope to be proven wrong about this.

As many of you know, I tend to be a fairly positive person. I'll change my tune for once with this prediction. I'll admit that I really hope to be proven wrong, but I doubt it.

I have a feeling that we will not be seeing any more Hybrid Stereo/Quad SACDs from Audio Fidelity.

There, I said it.

A few days ago, I resorted my SACD to reflect where they were derived from. All those AF discs look so nice on my shelf - but I too thought to myself that there is nothing more coming from them, which is a HUGE disappointment to me. Call me greedy, but what the heck. I want another dozen or so on my shelf. Sure was fun wasn't it?

I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I'd probably go for any 70's ABB deluxe release.

There, I said it.

By and large, I think you're right.
One interesting thing to note is that it's been almost a year since Audio Fidelity has released any SACDs of albums from the Warner Music catalogue (with the last one being "Spectrum" released almost a year ago)

Maybe there's still a chance that previously released Sony artists would be open to more Quadraphonic SACDs in the future ("Tyranny & Mutation" [BOC], "Native Sons" [L&M], "Spirit" [EWF]) but other than that, I don't hold out much hope at all that Audio Fidelity will deliver anything of value to us from now on.
My hope has turned back towards the major labels themselves (and Dutton Vocalion) to deliver us more Quadraphonic goodies from here on out.

New prediction - Peter Gabriel will be quoted in some out-of-the-way press source as having something in 5.1 definitely on the way this year.

It will spread like wildfire through the music and audiophile boards, with speculation and rumer-mongering reaching a fever pitch...

...and then Peter will sheepishly walk it back on his own site, saying that was a mis-quote, and what he meant to say was that he was actually about 5.1% finished with something he started work on a year ago.

Kate Bush will put out a tweet, congratulting him on his momentum.

Yes I know, I am an awful,awful person.

Back