2017 5.1 / Quad Predictions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
I hope they celebrate the 30th anniversary with a massive reissue that includes 5.1 mix.

A 5.1 mix would basically be the only thing that would ever get me to buy that album, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something/anything from The Beatles mixed in true discreet 5.1 in the mode of Love and not that 5.1 abomination 1+ we got the last time.

I'd like to hear a decent surround version of Abbey Road before I die or go deaf (whichever comes first). The Beatles better hurry and release their stuff before their market dies of old age.

I'd like to hear a decent surround version of Abbey Road before I die or go deaf (whichever comes first). The Beatles better hurry and release their stuff before their market dies of old age.
You might die of old age but their market will never die. They are bigger today than ever before. Children get hooked on the Beatles at a very early age from listening to their parents play Beatles music.

Moonflower? IIRC it was never mixed in Quad (but , now that we've seen all kinds of thought we thought didn't exist, I wouldn't be surprised!)

Three titles that would "complete" the set...

Santana and Buddy Miles Live
Illuminations
Love Devotion and Surrender

miniaturise em and shove em all in a Quadio box like they did with Chicago! :D

Something/anything from The Beatles mixed in true discreet 5.1 in the mode of Love and not that 5.1 abomination 1+ we got the last time.

Who knows ??

Maybe Giles Martin will follow up with his wish to mix THE WHITE ALBUM in surround.?? Would be the highlight of this decade (next to Meddle).:yikes

It's been a little quiet in the Beatle's camp lately.

And there's still the matter of the half quad mix of Sgt. Pepper (1973).

Yep,

Giles has some work to do.:51banana:

Love King Crimson - but Sheesh....I wish other artists/labels would be so enthusiastic about releasing some surround music. Spread it around man, spread it around.

I don't care whether or not Moonflower was released in quad, the masters are probably still available so pay someone to mix it. The other three would not fit. They are not Santana albums, they are albums Carlos played on.

Yeah , I know, but if we're gonna go with the "Santana"= Carlos Santana philosophy, we might as well go all the way or f------ forget about it... ;) (wasn't that a Robin Williams thing to say???..man I miss Robin...)
It would be "the Complete Santana Quadio"...sounds rather yummy , don't it?

I'll send you some before weekend. I have done about 5 5.0 mixes.

Yeah , I know, but if we're gonna go with the "Santana"= Carlos Santana philosophy, we might as well go all the way or f------ forget about it... ;) (wasn't that a Robin Williams thing to say???..man I miss Robin...)
It would be "the Complete Santana Quadio"...sounds rather yummy , don't it?

Well if it's gonna be a Quadio box, I wouldn't necessarily count on Sony (although miracles can sometimes occur) :rolleyes:

-But 》》》》Rhino's "Quadio" box set --next release could be ;

THE DOOBIE BROTHERS "QUADIO" 4 disc set. So here's hoping.:smokin

However,
(Sorny) or Sony could revive their "pure audio" series.(y)

There won't be any "Quadio" releases from any other labels besides Rhino Records and Warner Music.
That's a word that those labels invented and utilize for Quadraphonic releases that they release.

But I'm with Fizzy. There's no better direction for Warner/Rhino to go next than with the Doobie Brothers.

:)

I certainly hope that the new Depeche Mode album Spirit arrives this Spring in MC as well. Although, with the recent Video Singles Collection (3-DVD anthology set) they've just missed the chance to do their videos in surround, so I don't dare to predict...

I certainly hope that the new Depeche Mode album Spirit arrives this Spring in MC as well. Although, with the recent Video Singles Collection (3-DVD anthology set) they've just missed the chance to do their videos in surround, so I don't dare to predict...

However, if the surround mix of "Spirit" is as bad as the surround mix for "Delta Machine" was, they can just stick to mixing it in stereo and not waste any of our time or theirs…

However, if the surround mix of "Spirit" is as bad as the surround mix for "Delta Machine" was, they can just stick to mixing it in stereo and not waste any of our time or theirs…

While not the best 5.1 mix and not the best album by DM by far it still sounds like an OK stuff to these ears and I'm glad I bought it... Also, a surround release (preferably BD-A) by Sony wouldn't hurt, too.

Back