2017 5.1 / Quad Predictions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While not the best 5.1 mix and not the best album by DM by far it still sounds like an OK stuff to these ears and I'm glad I bought it... Also, a surround release (preferably BD-A) by Sony wouldn't hurt, too.

I also am thankful that Depeche Mode continues putting material out in highdef 5.1. Delta Machine, while not their most aggressive mix, is still a good listen and mix to my ears.

Hmmmmm,

The Gentle Giant camp has been quiet about their next remix for surround.

Maybe we'll see the first album in 5.1 next year. GENTLE GIANT-GENTLE GIANT (1970)

(In A Glass House....seems somewhat unattainable I understand....missing tapes ?)

Hmmmmm,

The Gentle Giant camp has been quiet about their next remix for surround.

Maybe we'll see the first album in 5.1 next year. GENTLE GIANT-GENTLE GIANT (1970)

(In A Glass House....seems somewhat unattainable I understand....missing tapes ?)

The problem with "Gentle Giant" and "Acquiring the Taste" is that the band do not own the rights to those albums like they do for a lot of their other albums.
The main reason why we have such releases like "The Power and the Glory" and "Octopus" is because the band can do as they please without interference.
I feel like the biggest probability is "Three Friends" or some other records released after TPATG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with "Gentle Giant" and "Acquiring the Taste" is that the band do not own the rights to those albums like they do for a lot of their other albums.
The main reason why we have such releases like "The Power and the Glory" and "Octopus" is because the band can do as they please without interference.
I feel like the biggest probability is "Three Friends" or some other records released after TPATG.

I'll go with "Three Friends", good pick.(y)

It's not likely I guess, but an anniversary Immersion box for Animals would be my 2017 wish...

It's not likely I guess, but an anniversary Immersion box for Animals would be my 2017 wish...

A new 5.1 surround mix for "Animals" would definitely be a stretch given what happened to the "Meddle" and "Obscured by Clouds" 5.1 mixes this year, but if there is indeed an unreleased 1970s Quadraphonic mix for "Animals", hopefully Pink Floyd will see fit to include it in any sort of deluxe reissue for the album.

:)

That is a shame because I think GG is their best album by a country mile.

All of the above Pink Floyd would be great. Any chance of a multi-channel "The Wall"?

it's... "in the oven", one might say >_<

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable on the subject might fill you in. The Wall's mastertapes were made of a different material than the others, and they found out (a bit too late!) it didn't stand the weight of time as well. BUT, some "voodoo engineer" realized that if you baked them just right (no kidding!) they'll provide an excellent last meal.. :mad:@:

Who knows ??

Maybe Giles Martin will follow up with his wish to mix THE WHITE ALBUM in surround.?? Would be the highlight of this decade (next to Meddle).:yikes

It's been a little quiet in the Beatle's camp lately.

And there's still the matter of the half quad mix of Sgt. Pepper (1973).

Yep,

Giles has some work to do.:51banana:

If it's going to happen, then it will probably be for the 50th anniversary in 2018. I'm hoping for Sgt. Pepper 50th anniversary this year!

Another hopeful surround mix would be the 30th anniversary of U2 - The Joshua Tree. Sadly, U2 has never seemed to be pro-surround.

Doobie Bros for me, especially since they are on the Quadio label (Warner/Rhino), but a similar box set from Santana on Sony would be most welcome too. :)

As a matter of fact, the Doobie Bros are touring with Chicago this year. If a Doobies Quadio box set does indeed come to pass, they should call the tour the Quadio tour! ;)

Doobie Bros for me, especially since they are on the Quadio label (Warner/Rhino), but a similar box set from Santana on Sony would be most welcome too. :)

There is absolutely no doubt, that a Doobies Quadio would be a top shelf release!!

[...]Another hopeful surround mix would be the 30th anniversary of U2 - The Joshua Tree. Sadly, U2 has never seemed to be pro-surround.

If only surround sound could help the less fortunate. :lookaround

Back