possible new receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova

Seasons Greetings all !
I have been very happy with my current receiver for a while now. The only issues i have are that when using my OPPO on Blu ray movies there is an audio delay making it look like it was dubbed !
my question is that most of the new receivers ive seen with a bit more power don't have the Analogue ins which i use for all my 5.1 surround disks. My question is if i used a Receiver with all HDMI and no Analogue ins will i still be able to listen to all my SACD disks.
I know this was probably discussed here many times.
Thanks and looking forward to all input!

Seasons Greetings all !
I have been very happy with my current receiver for a while now. The only issues i have are that when using my OPPO on Blu ray movies there is an audio delay making it look like it was dubbed !
my question is that most of the new receivers ive seen with a bit more power don't have the Analogue ins which i use for all my 5.1 surround disks. My question is if i used a Receiver with all HDMI and no Analogue ins will i still be able to listen to all my SACD disks.
The reason for the delay is the use of the analog connection. If you use HDMI, you can still play anything (including DSD depending on the AVR) and not have the synch problems.

The reason for the delay is the use of the analog connection. If you use HDMI, you can still play anything (including DSD depending on the AVR) and not have the synch problems.

So Kal what your saying is the HDMI will pass the DSD through? some movies seem to play ok while others have an annoying lag , thanks for your input !

So Kal what your saying is the HDMI will pass the DSD through? some movies seem to play ok while others have an annoying lag , thanks for your input !

Yes, the HDMI spec since v1.2 has included DSD. However, that doesn't mean that any particular unit will send or receive DSD over HDMI unless the manufacturer has chosen to implement it. I can say that the Oppo BD players can send DSD over HDMI (done that) but I cannot guarantee than any randomly chosen AVR will accept it. You will have to do your own careful search to determine that.

Seasons Greetings all !
Playing around with the AV sync option in the Oppo does not solve the problem?

I had trouble for years with several receivers

Finally got a Yamaha with full compatibility to SACD,DVD-A etc
There are several Yamaha receivers that will work well with an Oppo

As well as the player having sync options, the receiver may have this too. Hopefully, it shouldn't be a big deal to correct.

I will have to try and play around with it , ive not had a problem in a long time and i mostly use the OPPO for 5.1 music .
Thanks to both of you for your input
Best To All In The New Year !!

Back