Carrie Fisher R.I.P.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Carrie Fisher passed away today from a heart attack. R.I.P.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...as-princess-leia-in-star-wars-dead-at-60.html

princess-leia.jpg

Sad to hear this. Earlier this morning, I was watching the original Star Wars 1977 cut. R.I.P. Carrie.

I and a few others skived off a lecture (might well have been on Thermodynamics!) at Uni to go and see the first Star Wars film when it came out, spaced, the big screen and some surround sound effects, kind of blew what was left of my mind! RIP Carrie Fisher.

Freaking incredible. :-((((

I hope that's it for 2016, but hey, 4 days to go in this damn year.

And then it's on to 2017! I'm sure that year will be filled with good news every day!

...okay, let's stay positive. o_O

Just a few weeks ago, Carrie Fisher and her beloved dog Gary made an appearance on the Stephen Colbert Late Night show. It was hysterical. Loved the woman. Little known about Ms Fisher....she was a much sought after script doctor and made a fortune working on fixing Hollywood scripts including, among others, The Blues Brothers and The Empire Strikes Back (my personal favorite of ALL the Star Wars movies).

Diagnosed as bi~polar in her twenties, Carrie struggled with drug addiction most of her life.

Princess Leia.....may you rest in Peace. You WERE one of a kind!

Just a few weeks ago, Carrie Fisher and her beloved dog Gary made an appearance on the Stephen Colbert Late Night show. It was hysterical. Loved the woman. Little known about Ms Fisher....she was a much sought after script doctor and made a fortune working on fixing Hollywood scripts including The Empire Strikes Back (my personal favorite of ALL the Star Wars movies).

Diagnosed as bi~polar in her twenties, Carrie struggled with drug addiction most of her life.

Princess Leia.....may you rest in Peace. You WERE one of a kind!

I dunno, it seems to me that more times than not, when an actor grew up in the industry, because they had famous parents.....bad things tend to happen. Not all the time...but many times. Her parents were Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher.

I dunno, it seems to me that more times than not, when an actor grew up in the industry, because they had famous parents.....bad things tend to happen. Not all the time...but many times. Her parents were Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher.

And ironically, Gene, her mom, Debbie Reynolds survives her daughter and just a few scant years ago, Ms Reynolds performed a live show in Vegas.

R.I.P. She was my first female movie idol. I loved her in A New Hope.

Very sad news... For me she always will be Princess Leia.
R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

R.I.P. She was my first female movie idol. I loved her in A New Hope.

Me too. I was 7 when Star Wars came out and it was a life defining moment for me. I was 13 when Return of the Jedi came out with her in that metal bikini and that was another life defining moment. Even as someone very much into middle-age I am still a huge Star Wars geek. Of all the terrible losses this year, this one has hit me the hardest.

Thank you Carrie.

All stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy looking Nerf Herder's everywhere--of which I was a charter member back in '77--will miss her very much. The 'do in the first film may have been a bit ridiculous (it looked like two cinnamon buns had been attached to her head, heh) but you had to like her spunk and passion. And the lady was, apparently, more than a little like Princess Leia. Very witty, too.

RIP

ED

Here's the roll call of those who passed on in 2016. It's a lot longer than I remember. Gee, so many on the list that I had already forgotten about a number of them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/final-goodbye-roll-call-those-died-2016-163533556.html

It's missing one that hit me very hard, although I knew he was very delicate_
Atrell Cordes aka "Prince Be"...the heart and soul of the only "rap" (to call it something although he didn't rap as much as he sang, and he always had beautiful melodies) group I liked
P.M. Dawn
He was only 46 (!!!)...

Do yourself a favor and get this on LP or CD or whatever...this is their masterpiece...(you can thank me later)
R-7211241-1436263254-7934.jpeg.jpg

In a bizarre twist of fate, screen legend Debbie Reynolds passed away at age 84. IMO, she died of a broken heart a day after suffering the loss of her beloved daughter, Carrie Fisher.

R.I.P. Debbie. You were always SO special and lit up the silver screen whenever you appeared whether it was a musical, a drama or a comedy.

Last edited:
In a bizarre twist of fate, screen legend Debbie Reynolds passed away at age 84. IMO, she died of a broken heart a day after suffering the loss of her beloved daughter, Carrie Fisher.

R.I.P. Debbie. You were always SO special and lit up the silver screen whenever you appeared whether it was a musical, a drama or a comedy.

That's fer damn sure, the loss of her daughter killed her no doubt. Had Carrie not had her heart attack, things would of been fine for Debbie at least for the near term.

How sad both of them gone like that. Christmas time is often a bummer of times imo.

How horrible to have survived your child...and then that happened. Boggles the mind.

Back