Bartman - Kaaf New album on bda, dvda and dvdv

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hi all, our friend Bartman (Torsten) has a new album out, called Kaaf.

http://www.bartman-music.de/new_album.htm

the good man
deep disappointment
why ever you
on the run
a moment of pleasure
2 friends
kaaf:
a) requiem part 1
b) rockin like hell
c) the lord is my shepherd
d) new great hope
e) requiem part 2
f) short flare up
g) the last goodbye

The bda also includes the previous three albums, so you get four albums in surround!

Kleinserie mit Digipack
Bild/Menü Bluray: HD
Bild DVD: NTSC
Bluray: LPCM 5.1
DVD-Audio: MLP 96/24
DVD-Video: DTS 48/24
CD
Anzahl Tracks: 13
Laufzeit Album: 49:31

Additional content Bluray:
Los Gigantes/new mastering
Journey/new mastering
bArtMan³/new mastering

image.jpeg

Hi all, our friend Bartman (Torsten) has a new album out, called Kaaf.

http://www.bartman-music.de/new_album.htm

the good man
deep disappointment
why ever you
on the run
a moment of pleasure
2 friends
kaaf:
a) requiem part 1
b) rockin like hell
c) the lord is my shepherd
d) new great hope
e) requiem part 2
f) short flare up
g) the last goodbye

The bda also includes the previous three albums, so you get four albums in surround!

Kleinserie mit Digipack
Bild/Menü Bluray: HD
Bild DVD: NTSC
Bluray: LPCM 5.1
DVD-Audio: MLP 96/24
DVD-Video: DTS 48/24
CD
Anzahl Tracks: 13
Laufzeit Album: 49:31

Additional content Bluray:
Los Gigantes/new mastering
Journey/new mastering
bArtMan³/new mastering

View attachment 28166

I'm totally unfamiliar with this group but was intrigued by the generous 'teaser' samplers on their website. Are most of the lyrics in German or English?

And such a good deal for the four albums in surround on the BD~A plus shipping from Germany is only 3.70 Euros worldwide. Samples: http://www.bartman-music.de/preview.htm

Ordering link: http://www.bartman-music.de/shop.htm

Lyrics are in English. The albums have a lot of instrumentals too. This group is mainly a one man project, Torsten Bartkowiak plays all instruments and mixes the albums too.

Thank you, Robert. I was perusing the reviews on the bartman website and came across two you had written and one from fourplay. ALL very positive.

Have you heard all four albums in surround on the BD~A?

Hi 4-earredwonder,

most parts of the new album are instrumental. Only 3 songs are with lyrics in english. The complete B-Side is a longtrack with 23 minutes.

Thank you, Robert. I was perusing the reviews on the bartman website and came across two you had written and one from fourplay. ALL very positive.

Hi Ralph, yes it is really good music. I have not heard the latest yet, Torsten has send the bda, but did not arrive yet.

Mine is on its way, no post in the UK today so hopefully it'll arrive by the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Definitely good music. Very floydian. Overall, I really recommend all 3 albums, and I will also buy the 4th one.

I do have 2 criticisms that I see in most of his albums (not so much in the first one, interestingly). First, I don't like that there are many stops and starts in his songs. They're often like fragments strung together and repeated, and you sit there waiting for the melody to unfold and progress, and it doesn't. Secondly, he's not a very good singer (but he's nowhere near bad either).

These criticisms aside, the albums are certainly worth getting. It's solid thinking-person's prog-rock, lots of good ideas, very well-produced and mixed. Despite the few "flaws" (in my perception), I spin them regularly.

I'm also frequenty listening to Torsten's music in background during our home works and my wife does not complain :cool: .

Back