Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the true treasures in my 4.0 surround arsenal is an HDDT Tracks BD~A 4.0 release entitled the Fantasy Film World of Bernard Herrman which was on Phase IV. It was remastered from the discrete QUAD Open Reel Tape and this, IMO, would be a GREAT reissue on QUAD SACD.

Absolutely stunning on every level: https://www.highdeftapetransfers.co...ts/the-fantasy-film-world-of-bernard-herrmann
That's a good one. One of my favorite quads from yesterday. The BD sounds great.

what do you mean "as close to the master tape", Simon, what source has been used if not the master tape? tia :)

HDTT appears to often use 4-channel RTR releases ("Q4") that were sold to consumers during the quad era, as its source. They are at best copies of the master tape, of unknown generation and mastering difference.

I received my latest batch of 4 QUAD SACDs from Dutton Vocalion [actually in record time] and played the Ray Davies disc last night. I did note that the first portion of the disc, Tracks 1~12, recorded in 1974 [Themes from the Exorcist] sounded, IMO, better than the latter [Flashpoint] recorded in 1975 but the discrete mix is SUPERB on both. According to the liner notes, both albums were released on the MERCURY label. I sincerely hope D~V releases more UMG QUAD titles, and these newest QUAD releases are a good start in that direction.

My vote would be an 8.

Make it so! :)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ILMS-amp-FLASHPOINT-SACD&highlight=ray+davies

Either way. I was mostly amused at how excited everyone is getting. It's still a long way from Pure Prarie League to the Guess Who albums. But who knows.

We're excited for a couple reasons.

1 - It seems Audio Fidelity is done, so who else do we have releasing Quad in genres we remotely care about (those who want non classical)
2 - Prices are good
3 - Quality is outstanding
4 - The unknown of what's next

I dunno - I love these releases. I loved all the cheesy elevator music releases. It seems to me that classical is not lacking in the surround world...but maybe it is. I've purchased a few just to test the waters, but I tend to not love that genre...but I try. :)

One album that I would definitely like to see reissued by D-V is Prelude by Eumir Deodato.

I have somebody's conversion on a DVD-V. Also Sprach Zarathustra is excellent as is most of it, but really wonderful is Baubles, Bangles And Beads. That guitar bursting forth from the rear left speaker is a veritable joy - most Santana like - and the track has a fantastic mesmerising Latin American rhythm.

From the first generation master I reckon it would be a belter of a release.

And, if only for Hang On Sloopy, Spring Fever album from Rick Derringer would go down well too.

One album that I would definitely like to see reissued by D-V is Prelude by Eumir Deodato.

I have somebody's conversion on a DVD-V. Also Sprach Zarathustra is excellent as is most of it, but really wonderful is Baubles, Bangles And Beads. That guitar bursting forth from the rear left speaker is a veritable joy - most Santana like - and the track has a fantastic mesmerising Latin American rhythm.

From the first generation master I reckon it would be a belter of a release.

Totally agree both Deodato albums [Prelude and Deodato II] would make a great D~V two~fer. And I believe CTI is controlled by SONY/Columbia so it's certainly not out of the question. AFAIK, NO CTI QUAD albums have ever had a multichannel SACD release and there are more than a handful of worthy contenders.

Please, Please Dutton Vocalion

Release a two-fer Quad SACD of....

Barry Manilow: Barry Manilow II & Tryin' to Get the Feeling

That will make my day!

Regards,
You could add "This One's For You". One the hardest CD4 to find and a really hard one to play due to crappy pressings.

You could add "This One's For You". One the hardest CD4 to find and a really hard one to play due to crappy pressings.

Agree 100%

We want the FIRST three- fer Quad SACD from DV

Barry Manilow: Barry Manilow II - Tryin' to Get the Feeling - This One's For You

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:cool:

Regards,

Can I have a dream?

I want from Dutton-Vocalion........

The Temptations - All Directions / Quad SACD

"Papa was a rolling stone" original 12 minutes version in Quad.... Priceless

Pleaseeeeee!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:cool:

Regards,

Last edited:
If D/V were to venture outside of the Sony / RCA catalog for a spell, or as a natural progression then it would be nice if they went after independently owned quad masters like The Stylistics and War. I also get the feeling that Concord are not impossible to deal with, and a couple of titles there from Fantasy are just within reach, Shaft in particular.

We can all dream on.

I saw by the quad 4 channel lps and tapes poll section that there a few more Ray Conniff quads. I would definately buy more. Hope DV does some more of these.

OD8YBKS.jpg

c0KXpkC.jpg

Back