Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dutton/Vocalion web site shows this Montenegro and two new Mancini releases coming soon, but only as Stereo CDs. Were those titles available in Quad?

Henry Mancini - Mancini Concert & Mancini Plays the Theme from Love Story

Johnny Mathis & Henry Mancini - The Hollywood Musicals

Peter Nero - Love Trip & Hits from Hair to Hollywood

Simon, for further reference to CD~4, SQ, QS disks Q8 & QR from the 70's and 80's I suggest you BOOKMARK this reference site: http://www.surrounddiscography.com/quaddisc/quadpall.htm

Never seen these titles in quad, any format.

I'm confident that we will see other Quad releases from them in the months to come. :)

Mancini had a couple of very good quad's like "Pink Panther" themes and soundtracks. I'd probably consider those quad sacd's

Or Dolly Parton or the two Mike Nesmith's, pretty much in the Vocalion MOR release model, I think.

FWIW Mancini also had some dolby surround in the 90's, Mostly Monsters and a demo and a Pink Panther...........I wonder if Vocalion could resurrect some of these ?:D (4ch or 5ch sacd of course)

The fellow that runs the place has been buying quad lps from me for several months when i do ebay auctions, he seems to be looking at several avenues!! He just picked up Perry Como, Enoch Light, Nino Rosso and Eric Carmen. He must have a cd-4 setup, as he has been buying cd-4 for a while.

The fellow that runs the place has been buying quad lps from me for several months when i do ebay auctions, he seems to be looking at several avenues!! He just picked up Perry Como, Enoch Light, Nino Rosso and Eric Carmen. He must have a cd-4 setup, as he has been buying cd-4 for a while.

Wow! Great news. Leaves a lot of room for speculations, which is cool.

Eric Carmen only has one CD~4 release on Arista (his eponymous first album) and Nino Rosso has a slew of CD~4 albums which were all Japanese pressings (The Music of Francis Lai would seem a great choice) and of course Enoch Light has the jackpot of CD~4, QS titles on his Command and Project 3 Labels.

I will say, the first 6 QUAD titles released by Dutton Vocalion were exceptionally well done, were priced VERY well and hope they sold well enough to encourage them to release more QUAD titles in the future.

Eric Carmen on SACD? Where can I order that?

I remember that being the noisiest CD-4 record that I ever bought back in the day (well, I haven't bought any since...)

Eric Carmen's 1st is one of Snood's all time fave albums - played it over and over on a couple of road trips when Snood was a lil Snood (That and Frampton Comes Alive) :banana:

Would love to see Eric Carmen on Quad SACD :cool:

Eric Carmen's 1st is one of Snood's all time fave albums - played it over and over on a couple of road trips when Snood was a lil Snood (That and Frampton Comes Alive) :banana:

Would love to see Eric Carmen on Quad SACD :cool:

Well, Birthday Boy, HOPE Eric's first IS released in QUAD as it would make a splendid belated B~day gift for you........and I'm sure for others.

The only catch: D~V does twofers so they'd have to find a similar album to complete the double disc. Any suggestions?

Well, Birthday Boy, HOPE Eric's first IS released in QUAD as it would make a splendid belated B~day gift for you........and I'm sure for others.

The only catch: D~V does twofers so they'd have to find a similar album to complete the double disc. Any suggestions?

Make the 2fers both the same Eric Carmen album and Snood would still buy it :banana:

Ring Of Fire by Eric Burdon... I wouldn't mind that twofer. Not that I'd think they could match a BMG with a Capitol,..

Back