• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Prerecorded Q4 Tapes (7" Open Reel Quad)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumGuitar

I just picked up a Teac A-2340 and am looking to increase my collection of prerecorded open reel quad tapes!

Just a warning I'm a recent College grad so my pockets aren't insanely deep, but I know these are rare so I'm willing to splurge a bit!

Thanks!

I bought a collection a few months ago, and I already have this one. If you are interested, send me a private message with your offer (including postage). I don't haggle. If your offer is reasonable, you have it. We won't waste time going back and forth.

I have the same TEAC machine (two of them actually). The tape plays well, and all of the tapes in the lot were stored properly. Quad reels are great, much better than most of the digital stuff. Welcome to the club.

P1020457.jpg

I'm interested in pretty much any Quad Tapes, but here are a couple I'm specifically searching for:
Over-Nite Sensation - The Mothers (!!!)
(Any Zappa quad or stereo)
Snowflakes are Dancing - Tomita
Firebird - Tomita
The Planets - Tomita
Kosmos - Tomita
(Basically any Tomita quad or synthesizer music)
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
(Or any Sabbath)
Love The One You're With - Mystic Moods
Clear Light - Mystic Moods
(Basically any Mystic Moods or Brad Miller project I don't already own)

Like I said these are just a couple on my radar, but feel free introduce me to any others!

QuantumGuitar is a great guy to deal with, and I am happy to get him on the road to reel to reel heaven.
If you ever get extra Sabbath or Zappa reels, don't forget the guy who got you started. :banana:

Back