4 or 5 or 6 channel analog patching/switching box enquiry

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I used to have a Russound QT 1 switching unit for passive quad analog use primarily for multiple quad decoders.

Does there exist a similar piece of equipment ??

I'm looking for one for 2 decoders at most, unlike the QT 1 which had some five decoders in use when I had it all hooked up.

No subs involved, so I suppose 5 analog channels ideal, but 4 or 6 wouldn't be a problem as it should be a passive switch bay type unit.

I used to have a Russound QT 1 switching unit for passive quad analog use primarily for multiple quad decoders.

I'm looking for one for 2 decoders at most, unlike the QT 1 which had some five decoders in use when I had it all hooked up.

No subs involved, so I suppose 5 analog channels ideal, but 4 or 6 wouldn't be a problem as it should be a passive switch bay type unit.

I've been using the Zektor HDS4.1 successfully for this purpose for over 5 years. Zektor doesn't make them anymore, but there's a guy selling them on ebay for $25 without power supplies. Should be easy to find a power supply as it is a standard 9V 500ma. Here's the link.

To clarify, the Zektor HDS4.1 switches four 6-channel inputs to one 6-channel output.

Hi. fizzy

I did a quick search on ebay but didn`t come up with any thing for a 5.1 multiple inputs switch unit, I now a view years ago there were unit available but they seem to be not available now, the only thing I came across was a unit that I have which has 8 stereo & video inputs to one output, so you will need 2 of these unit to do the front channels & back and I believe you can use the video as a audio because being passive.
So front switch will have left & right front + center and back left & right + sub I have not tried this because I use my unit for 4 channels only.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-P...2614297730.html?spm=2114.40010208.4.30.FaAQ4F

I purchased the Monoprice 103027 switcher a while back to utilize the analogue input my receiver with my Q8 deck, reel and Oppo. it has worked well and like the units learning capabilities for remote signals

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-103027-4-Port-Component-Learning/dp/B001TK9SEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483663634&sr=8-1&keywords=Monoprice+103027

Cheap too, $29.00

Thanks Mark, I think that's what I need. Just a passive (no power supply) switching unit I presume.

I've been using the Zektor HDS4.1 successfully for this purpose for over 5 years. Zektor doesn't make them anymore, but there's a guy selling them on ebay for $25 without power supplies. Should be easy to find a power supply as it is a standard 9V 500ma. Here's the link.

To clarify, the Zektor HDS4.1 switches four 6-channel inputs to one 6-channel output.

I like the price, but the shipping costs---WOW ! I really need one like this, but passive is my preference.

Thanks for this link, btw

guess I got a decision to make. May have to flip a coin.

Cheap too, $29.00

Thanks Mark, I think that's what I need. Just a passive (no power supply) switching unit I presume.

It does have a wall wart power supply and remote control. The unit can learn to switch to an input when a remote is used or you can use the buttons on the front

I like the price, but the shipping costs---WOW ! I really need one like this, but passive is my preference.

Thanks for this link, btw

guess I got a decision to make. May have to flip a coin.

Yes, it requires power; as it has remote capabilities. If you want passive, you may be better off stacking 2 or 3 stereo switchers. You can probably get those cheap locally.

Back