Now THIS person is what I'd call a hobbyist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that's really cool to hear! I'm quite interested in his alternate SQ and QS settings, as well as his "Field Rotation" and "Matrix Factor" settings on his earlier models. Really cool indeed.

Well, that's really cool to hear! I'm quite interested in his alternate SQ and QS settings, as well as his "Field Rotation" and "Matrix Factor" settings on his earlier models. Really cool indeed.

Thank you for your interest.

Field Rotation is a function effective only for the sound source recorded by Sansui QS system, and is a surplus function that turns the entire sound field when turning the rotary switch.

The Matrix Factor (addition coefficient) is free according to the standard in the Sanshui QS method.
So that, Dolby ProLogic II , SRS Circle Surround II, DTS Neo 6 etc is a subset of Sanshui QS method, can correspond by changing Matrix Factor.
In the CBS Sony SQ method, it is possible to improve the separation between the front center and rear center by Matrix Factor. (In the case of no logic)

Back