Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  34
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: the night siren-steve hackett

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3
    Points
    2,039
    Level
    27
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default the night siren-steve hackett

    Does anybody know if somebody other than Roger King mixed the 5.1 on the night siren? I can't believe we are possibly going to get another terrible 5.1 mix of a brand new bunch of songs! Hopefully not!!!

  2. #2
    Hi-Res Moderator rtbluray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    6,121
    Points
    69,274
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    Quote Originally Posted by curtisjnewell View Post
    Does anybody know if somebody other than Roger King mixed the 5.1 on the night siren? I can't believe we are possibly going to get another terrible 5.1 mix of a brand new bunch of songs! Hopefully not!!!
    I don't know for sure, but I would be very surprised if someone other than Roger King was mixing this album (both in 5.1 surround and stereo.)

    Surround yourself with the best.

    Here's to 2017!

  3. #3
    Hi-Res Moderator rtbluray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    6,121
    Points
    69,274
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    OK, if you saw my post in the 'recent and upcoming gigs' thread, you will know that myself and Tim (timbre4) attended both of Steve Hackett's concerts in Nashville this week.
    As part of the setlist, he played three new songs from the soon-to-be-released album "The Night Siren": "Behind the Smoke", "El Nino", and "In the Skeleton Gallery".
    All three songs were very good (and you can even hear "In the Skeleton Gallery" now online), but the REAL scorcher was "El Nino", an intense instrumental track.
    After hearing it the first night, I remember Tim and I both looking at each other and thinking, "Damn, that was good!"

    If this upcoming record has at least a decent surround mix to it, I will not hesitate to buy it after being so impressed with what I heard over the last two nights!


    Surround yourself with the best.

    Here's to 2017!

  4. Thanks colsky, Snood thanked for this post
    Likes colsky, Snood, Simon A liked this post
  5. #4
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star DuncanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,181
    Points
    21,887
    Level
    92
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 463
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    That's what they did when they played at The Giants Of Rock weekend, I really thought the songs were excellent as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by rtbluray View Post
    OK, if you saw my post in the 'recent and upcoming gigs' thread, you will know that myself and Tim (timbre4) attended both of Steve Hackett's concerts in Nashville this week.
    As part of the setlist, he played three new songs from the soon-to-be-released album "The Night Siren": "Behind the Smoke", "El Nino", and "In the Skeleton Gallery".
    All three songs were very good (and you can even hear "In the Skeleton Gallery" now online), but the REAL scorcher was "El Nino", an intense instrumental track.
    After hearing it the first night, I remember Tim and I both looking at each other and thinking, "Damn, that was good!"

    If this upcoming record has at least a decent surround mix to it, I will not hesitate to buy it after being so impressed with what I heard over the last two nights!

    177 SACD (159 Multi, 18 Stereo), 218 DVD-Audio/DTS/DD, 10 Blu-ray Audio, 14 SQ LPs, 2218 plain old stereo CDs

  6. Thanks rtbluray, colsky thanked for this post
    Likes rtbluray, colsky, Simon A liked this post
  7. #5
    Hi-Res Moderator rtbluray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    6,121
    Points
    69,274
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    Yay! I finally found a video of "El Nino", the epic instrumental that Steve has been playing from the album on his current tour. Enjoy, it's a scorcher!




    Surround yourself with the best.

    Here's to 2017!

  8. Thanks JanBakker, Snood, colsky, DuncanS, peterzach thanked for this post
  9. #6
    Hi-Res Moderator rtbluray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    6,121
    Points
    69,274
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    Live rehearsal video of Steve Hackett and band running through "El Nino":

    Surround yourself with the best.

    Here's to 2017!

  10. Thanks peterzach, svengaleekie thanked for this post
    Likes DuncanS, colsky, peterzach, Simon A liked this post
  11. #7
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star colsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chelmsford, England
    Posts
    1,062
    Points
    6,869
    Level
    54
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    Right, I'm almost through my first listen of the bluray in LPCM 5.1. I must confess that I have a stinking cold and my hearing is a bit muffled. But I would say that the mix is definitely better than Wolflight, its proper discrete 5.1 this time. The centre front is used oddly and inconsistently, not much for lead vocals or lead instruments, but its definitely used. The rears definitely see some action, including some nice guitar panning on a favourite of yours Ryan, El Nino, a great instrumental. Not an immersive 10 on first listen, but I'm enjoying it.

  12. #8
    Hi-Res Moderator rtbluray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    6,121
    Points
    69,274
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    Quote Originally Posted by colsky View Post
    Right, I'm almost through my first listen of the bluray in LPCM 5.1. I must confess that I have a stinking cold and my hearing is a bit muffled. But I would say that the mix is definitely better than Wolflight, its proper discrete 5.1 this time. The centre front is used oddly and inconsistently, not much for lead vocals or lead instruments, but its definitely used. The rears definitely see some action, including some nice guitar panning on a favourite of yours Ryan, El Nino, a great instrumental. Not an immersive 10 on first listen, but I'm enjoying it.
    That's good that you think it's better than "Wolflight". Looks like I might be pulled into purchasing it after all…

    Surround yourself with the best.

    Here's to 2017!

  13. Likes von kulper, Simon A liked this post
  14. #9
    Hi-Res Moderator rtbluray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    6,121
    Points
    69,274
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    Here are some pictures from amazon:







    Surround yourself with the best.

    Here's to 2017!

  15. Thanks von kulper, All Ears, Snood, JanBakker, Lute thanked for this post
    Likes Snood, JanBakker, Lute, Simon A liked this post
  16. #10
    Member OdysseyMusik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Copenhagen, DK
    Posts
    98
    Points
    1,199
    Level
    18
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: the night siren-steve hackett

    Just got it and it sounds very nice!!

    Looking forward for the concert next month!

  17. Thanks JanBakker, rtbluray thanked for this post
    Likes JanBakker, rtbluray, Simon A liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •