This is what we're up against..

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Article states old statistics and myths ....... Cmank comment says it best..... This from a stated knowledgeable non biased writer I think not......
http://audiophilereview.com/cd-dac-digital/why-super-audio-cd-failed.html

I think one of the most telling misconceptions came from the very last comment from poster Arie net who stated that SACD/DVD~A offered NO significant improvement over RBCD....an argument that an [unnamed] poster kept promulgating over at the old SA~CD.net.

I heard the difference immediately from both formats, have always LOVED surround music and will, unfortunately always agree that lack of choice and repetition of reissued titles also contributed to relegating both formats to niche status.

Universal players arrived on the scene too late to make a real dent and now we have to suffer the consequences of apathy from consumers who are more thrilled by what they see (like the proliferation of 4K flatscreens) than in what they hear. To me, the two go hand in hand.

IMO, Blu ray audio [BD~A] could have been a panacea of untold riches but poor marketing, lackluster titles [again] and incompatibility with existing RBCD players has also doomed it to niche market status.

As the sun is rapidly setting on the 5" physical disc, I suppose we just have to accept the grim fact that the 'crumbs' (as wonderful as they are] continue to trickle from the majors and some minor record labels in the form of surround titles [mostly from the past] and that's as good as it gets.

Back