1615 Gabrieli in Venice [1 Hybrid SACD + 1 Blu Ray Audio ATMOS]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salsdali

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015S22PAW

looks interesting simply from a technical point of view (I have no idea how the music actually sounds). An sacd plus a blu-ray atmos disc

916VAFBPU-L._SL1500_.jpg

I have this recording “1615- Gabrieli in Venice” but it is from the initial release which was defective in that the RR channel of the mch DSD tracks is missing. This has been publicly acknowledged. My copy is from that original release, unfortunately.

Do any of you have a competent file copy of this that you are willing to share? I regard this as “fair use” since I do own the original (albeit defective) disc. Thanks.

Wow, I have this disc and even didn't know there was defective print... What is the matrix number of defective SACD? And was it ever fixed?

Wow, I have this disc and even didn't know there was defective print... What is the matrix number of defective SACD? And was it ever fixed?
I do not have access to it as it is buried in the basement in CT. The published has "promised' a fix and replacement but I have not seen it. That is why I am making this request.

Ok, I've googled some info about this problem, the comment from the guy named Andy Doe (dated April 2016):
My name is Andy Doe, and I manage the King's College label. As some of you have experienced, there was a problem with the first pressing of the SACD. We've made an effort to recall and refurbish the affected stock, but some have slipped through. If you need a replacement disc, please contact me at [email protected] with your mailing address, and I'll send you a new copy, anywhere in the world.
https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=11074#commentsI don't know if this information is still relevant, but at least you can try to email him.
I will check my disc tomorrow and report back.

Checked mine disc today and unfortunately it is also defective, but in my case the Rear Left channel is missing... Not a big problem though, I bought it because of Blu-ray Audio disc with Dolby Atmos and it plays flawlessly on my Oppo 103. (y)

Checked mine disc today and unfortunately it is also defective, but in my case the Rear Left channel is missing... Not a big problem though, I bought it because of Blu-ray Audio disc with Dolby Atmos and it plays flawlessly on my Oppo 103. (y)
1. You are right, er, correct. It is the Left Rear that is missing.
2. I am getting a corrected copy.

Wow! Suddenly my story got a continuation.) After contacting KingsCollegeChoir by email they answered me that the retailer should be able to supply me with a replacement... So I thought it was the end of the story.)) But yesterday I got a replacement copy, a new sealed SACD+BD-Audio set! :LB

IMG_20210227_154928.jpg
This is what I call a customer support! After more than 5 years after orirginal purschase on Amazon, the record label LSO Live Ltd. directly send me a replacement copy! :bowing:
The Rear Left channel on SACD now have been fixed. So I have compared faulty SACD and the corrected one, and the matrix number's are as follows:

Faulty copy
A0102582940-A912 17 (layer 1)
A0102582940-B912 18 (layer 2)

Corrected copy
A0102605129-A911 1000 (layer 1)
A0102605129-B911 35 A00 (layer 2)

Back