Bootleg HFPA Blu-ray Audio Discs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LennonCobain

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Has anyone heard about the existence of bootleg Blu-ray Audio discs? I have seen a Russian standalone Blu-ray Audio disc of Eric Clapton from the Give Me Strength box set. To my knowledge the Blu-ray Audio was never available outside of the box set. I'm guessing it's a bootleg unless there was a standalone release only in Russia. I have also seen a Russian version of Queen - A Night At The Opera with different cover artwork (more colorful around the image of the original album artwork.
IMG_0235.JPGIMG_0236.JPG

Has anyone heard about the existence of bootleg Blu-ray Audio discs? I have seen a Russian standalone Blu-ray Audio disc of Eric Clapton from the Give Me Strength box set. To my knowledge the Blu-ray Audio was never available outside of the box set. I'm guessing it's a bootleg unless there was a standalone release only in Russia. I have also seen a Russian version of Queen - A Night At The Opera with different cover artwork (more colorful around the image of the original album artwork.
View attachment 28277View attachment 28278

Gotta be boots

If Snood sees from Russia, China, Croatia, Mexico, Vietnam or Korea....usually just pass it by :mad:@:

Hey LC,

As a relative newbie you may not be familiar with all the policies of the forum. I think this thread comes under the following policy:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...s-for-a-moment&p=258420&viewfull=1#post258420

Thanks for your enthusiasm, and keep posting, but keep the above in mind as you participate.
I am sorry and didn't mean to violate any forum policies. I was just looking to a) inform people to beware that unauthorized BDAs may exist or b) receive confirmation that the BDAs are legit.

I am sorry and didn't mean to violate any forum policies. I was just looking to a) inform people to beware that unauthorized BDAs may exist or b) receive confirmation that the BDAs are legit.

Just making sure you are aware. Perhaps a better title would be Russian Blu-rays - legit or not? Or - Is there such a thing as a legitimate Russian Blu-ray?

This post really should not be considered a violation to my mind as it is a definite warning.
The problem here is that there is, as we know, a $75 piece of software that will strip out all AACS and there is nothing to stop a rogue plant replicating ripped discs, and Russia never signed up to the international copyright regulations either.
Yes, the disc should always have been a standalone. If it had been, instead of being only available as part of what looks like a cash grab (but is actually a really nice set to have) then there would have been no market for the bootlegged version which is almost certainly identical to the one in the box.

Buy these at your peril really.

This post really should not be considered a violation to my mind as it is a definite warning.
The problem here is that there is, as we know, a $75 piece of software that will strip out all AACS and there is nothing to stop a rogue plant replicating ripped discs, and Russia never signed up to the international copyright regulations either.
Yes, the disc should always have been a standalone. If it had been, instead of being only available as part of what looks like a cash grab (but is actually a really nice set to have) then there would have been no market for the bootlegged version which is almost certainly identical to the one in the box.

Buy these at your peril really.

Russia has become a member of all major copyright treaties by now, including Berne, Rome, Geneva, TRIPS, and the WCT. How heavily they choose to focus on enforcement is another question, of course.

This same title is on Ebay again...most people know they are fakes and think that for the small amount of money it's worth it to buy these fakes...these Russian sellers know that nobody is going to go to Russia and prosecute them and Ebay is clueless...but what people don't realize is the risk you run for identity theft...when you make a purchase on Ebay you give the seller your name and address and some pay pal information...to a skilled hacker that is like gold...I purchased one of these "fakes" and it was impressive...and I thought it was harmless...but months after that my Ebay account was hacked...there was an attempt to direct the funds from my sales to another pay pal account..I stopped it because I watch it constantly...but I'm sure that this was a result of that transaction...so think about that before buying one of these "fake" titles...

Both of the Pink Floyd BDs (DSOTM & WYWH) have appeared in this form - I recall there was a member of the forum bemoaning that his disc was failing and it turned out it was one of these.

I would like to think the appearance of these discs would be a signal to the record companies that there might be a demand for the legitimate product as stand-alone discs after all.

Back