Fleetwood Mac - "Tango in the Night" Deluxe Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This box set is on sale at Popmarket for $89...which is still pretty high IMO. Amazon US is $99 and Moose is $76, but likely with shipping and tax....

Full contents confirmed via superdeluxeedition.com

Definitely no 5.1 :(

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/fleetwood-mac-tango-in-the-night-super-deluxe-edition

Disc: 1
1. Big Love (Remastered)
2. Seven Wonders (Remastered)
3. Everywhere (Remastered)
4. Caroline (Remastered)
5. Tango in the Night (Remastered)
6. Mystified (Remastered)
7. Little Lies (Remastered)
8. Family Man (Remastered)
9. Welcome To The Room… Sara (Remastered)
10. Isn’t It Midnight (Remastered)
11. When I See You Again (Remastered)
12. You And I, Pt. II (Remastered)

Disc: 2
1. Down Endless Street (Remastered)
2. Special Kind of Love (Demo)
3. Seven Wonders (Early Version)
4. Tango in the Night (Demo)
5. Mystified (Alternate Version)
6. Book of Miracles (Instrumental)
7. Where We Belong (Demo)
8. Ricky (Remastered)
9. Juliet (Run-Through)
10. Isn’t It Midnight (Alternate Mix)
11. Ooh My Love (Demo)
12. Mystified (Instrumental Demo)
13. You And I, Part II (Full Version)

Disc: 3 *super deluxe only
1. Big Love (Extended Remix) [Remastered]
2. Big Love (House On The Hill Dub) [Remastered]
3. Big Love (Piano Dub) [Remastered]
4. Big Love (Remix/Edit) [Remastered]
5. Seven Wonders (Extended Version) [Remastered]
6. Seven Wonders (Dub) [Remastered]
7. Little Lies (Extended Version) [Remastered]
8. Little Lies (Dub) [Remastered]
9. Family Man (Extended Vocal Remix) [Remastered]
10. Family Man (I’m a Jazz Man Dub) [Remastered]
11. Family Man (Extended Guitar Version) [Remastered]
12. Family Man (Bonus Beats) [Remastered]
13. Everywhere (12″ Version) [Remastered]
14. Everywhere (Dub) [Remastered]

Disc: 4 – DVD *super deluxe only

Videos

1. Big Love (Video)
2. Seven Wonders
3. Little Lies
4. Family Man
5. Everywhere

Album in hi-res stereo

6. Big Love (Remastered)
7. Seven Wonders (Remastered)
8. Everywhere (Remastered)
9. Caroline (Remastered)
10. Tango In The Night (Remastered)
11. Mystified (Remastered)
12. Little Lies (Remastered)
13. Family Man (Remastered)
14. Welcome To The Room…Sara (Remastered)
15. Isn’t It Midnight (Remastered)
16. When I See You Again (Remastered)
17. You And I, Part II (Remastered)

Disc: 5 – vinyl record

1. Big Love (Remastered)
2. Seven Wonders (Remastered)
3. Everywhere (Remastered)
4. Caroline (Remastered)
5. Tango in the Night (Remastered)
6. Mystified (Remastered)
7. Little Lies (Remastered)
8. Family Man (Remastered)
9. Welcome To The Room… Sara (Remastered)
10. Isn’t It Midnight (Remastered)
11. When I See You Again (Remastered)
12. You And I, Pt. II (Remastered)

Like you all, I was so hoping for a surround mix again... :( This will be the first of these sets I'll buy as a Hi-Res download only, or not at all, depending on the reviews of the sound...

pass FM not worth it especially in 2.0
I blew more cash on box sets that include shit - marbles-rags-the same album done 5 different ways, just to get a BD out of them. Not at all inerested in buying the same shit that repeats itself. :confused:

Well for what it's worth I broke down and went ahead and purchased the Tango in the Night Deluxe Edition even though there is no surround :( for my 5.1 ears...heretical, I know.
Listened to the DVD 24/96 last night with headphones (actually sounded pretty good) and this morning via speakers @ a moderate sound level and I like what I hear (for 2.0), soundstage and image are nice and wide, fidelity is good, Lindsey Buckingham's guitars sound really nice. This is a Mac album I have probably only listened to 3 or 4 times since its release and probably never gave it a proper listen as it never really clicked with me (Mirage was in this boat too 5.1 fixed that one for me) I like pretty much all the previous Mac albums all the way back to the first 1968 Fleetwood Mac album (I am a particular fan of the Welsh years really would love those in 5.1!) I will say that Tango is a much better album than I thought. I didn't know I liked the title song (didn't really remember it at all...weird) until now, kinda like listening to it for the first time and this time I like it! Was it worth the price? Without 5.1? :yikes probably not, do I regret it, nah not really as I am really enjoying Tango for the first time. Besides there is so much surround still to be had I can't really complain all that much (followed Tango with Steve Hackett - The Night Siren, Fire Garden - Far and Near, Nosound - Afterthoughts, Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother Devi/ation, recently acquired REM - Document (damn near cost as much as the Tango box), Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger (really liking this one a lot everything Superunknown should have been) all in glorious SURROUND! So all in all even with the 2.0 that is Tango today will be a surroundsoundtacular day!

I am admitting that I am seriously debating moving ahead and buying this.

I feel ya GOS truth be told if it wasn't for the fact I got a little xtra cash from work I probably would have passed as I wasn't sure I liked Tango enuff,
actually I am sure I would have passed but for what it's worth I'm glad I got it. Would be nice if you could just get the DVD as standalone even if only 2.0. oh well.

Mine is on its way from amazon.uk, so I won't have it for a few weeks, but I did get a nice surprise email from them today:

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk

You saved £13.00 with Amazon.co.uk's Pre-order Price Guarantee! The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:
Tango In the Night (Deluxe)
Price on order date: £61.99
Price charged at shipping: £48.99
Lowest price before release date: £48.99
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: £13.00

£13.00 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

$61! :) (Not as good as GOS's deal, but not bad)

Back