Fleetwood Mac - "Tango in the Night" Deluxe Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....and although not necessarily surround related (although it would be great if it turns out to be) there's this interesting piece of Fleetwood Mac related news today from Billboard:

Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriters Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham have a long and winding shared history, much of which will be chronicled on the pair's upcoming duet album, tentatively titled Buckingham McVie.

“All these years we've had this rapport, but we'd never really thought about doing a duet album before,” Buckingham told the Los Angeles Times. “There is that album that I did with Stevie back before we joined the band [1973's Buckingham Nicks], but other than that, it's all been Fleetwood Mac or solo.”

While the album will exist as a separate entity from Fleetwood Mac, that hasn't prevented the rock band's drummer, Mick Fleetwood, and bassist, John McVie, from assisting in the studio, Los Angeles' Village, where the iconic Tusk was recorded in the late '70s. Stevie Nicks has not contributed, though, as she has been on her own solo tour -- Rockin’ 24 Karat Gold Tour -- with opening act the Pretenders, which extends into 2017.

Aside from Buckingham McVie being the first duet album to arrive from current Fleetwood Mac members, it will also mark McVie's return to music after over a decade of stepping back from the band.

“I suppose I wondered if I believed in myself,” she said. “But I was like, 'Go for it, Chris. Go for it.' And, you know, a better thing's never happened to me. I've reconnected with the band, and found a fantastic person to write with. We've always written well together, Lindsey and I, and this has just spiraled into something really amazing that we've done between us.”

While there is no release date set for Buckingham McVie, it could arrive as early as May this year.

.....and although not necessarily surround related (although it would be great if it turns out to be) there's this interesting piece of Fleetwood Mac related news today from Billboard:

Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriters Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham have a long and winding shared history, much of which will be chronicled on the pair's upcoming duet album, tentatively titled Buckingham McVie.

“All these years we've had this rapport, but we'd never really thought about doing a duet album before,” Buckingham told the Los Angeles Times. “There is that album that I did with Stevie back before we joined the band [1973's Buckingham Nicks], but other than that, it's all been Fleetwood Mac or solo.”

While the album will exist as a separate entity from Fleetwood Mac, that hasn't prevented the rock band's drummer, Mick Fleetwood, and bassist, John McVie, from assisting in the studio, Los Angeles' Village, where the iconic Tusk was recorded in the late '70s. Stevie Nicks has not contributed, though, as she has been on her own solo tour -- Rockin’ 24 Karat Gold Tour -- with opening act the Pretenders, which extends into 2017.

Aside from Buckingham McVie being the first duet album to arrive from current Fleetwood Mac members, it will also mark McVie's return to music after over a decade of stepping back from the band.

“I suppose I wondered if I believed in myself,” she said. “But I was like, 'Go for it, Chris. Go for it.' And, you know, a better thing's never happened to me. I've reconnected with the band, and found a fantastic person to write with. We've always written well together, Lindsey and I, and this has just spiraled into something really amazing that we've done between us.”

While there is no release date set for Buckingham McVie, it could arrive as early as May this year.

Here's a related article with nice pics of Lindsey and Christine (talks about the studio where they're recording the new album)...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-village-recorder-20170113-htmlstory.html

OK, it was recorded in Analog...

R-3736883-1432365753-1867.jpeg.jpg

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is straight from Steve Woolard on the IMWAN forum:

No 5.1 on the DVD. 96/24 stereo & the 5 music videos.
You & I Parts I & II on CD 2.
All them 12" mixes on CD 3.

No live material, neither video nor audio is included.

(n) :( :violin :mad: :yikes :howl

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is straight from Steve Woolard on the IMWAN forum:

(n) :( :violin :mad: :yikes :howl

I promised myself that thisyear no box sets which include (Useless) Vinyl, thankfully with this news it removes any regret about not purchasing this.

So in a way good news

We all agree then..

Didn't they release a "Rumours" box set WITHOUT the 5.1 mix?

I guess all that marching powder DID affect them in the end...well...too bad!!

They are already wealthy enough....

I dunno - but just because I'm angry about the lack of surround...I hope this thing flops miserably. :howl I realize there must surely be a lot of red tape, but since the last 2 releases included the surround mix...I can't imagine why they would stop now??

I promised myself that thisyear no box sets which include (Useless) Vinyl, thankfully with this news it removes any regret about not purchasing this.

So in a way good news

That's a great way of looking at it.
As much I love the 5.1 mixes for "Mirage" and (especially) "Tusk", I hated having to purchase expensive box sets for a lossy DVD-V disc, so I'm very happy I don't have to go through that exercise again.
Now I can save up that money for purchases that will really matter!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since the last 2 releases included the surround mix...I can't imagine why they would stop now??

Probably because unlike "Tusk", they don't already have a 5.1 mix of "Tango" in the vaults, and unlike "Mirage", no one associated with "Tango" is associated with 5.1 mixing.

That's a great way of looking at it.
As much I love the 5.1 mixes for "Mirage" and (especially) "Tusk", I hated having to purchase expensive box sets for a lossy DVD-V disc, so I'm very happy I don't have to go through that exercise again.
Now I can save up that money for purchases that will really matter!

And, hopefully there will be releases that DO matter....

Just like Tango mattered... :(:yikes

And, hopefully there will be releases that DO matter....

Just like Tango mattered... :(:yikes

We already have some great releases to look forward to over these next two months, and the year is young, so I still feel like there will be a lot of great surprises along the way!

Back