Fleetwood Mac - "Tango in the Night" Deluxe Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those links above are just relaying what we all were guessing before we read Steve's post at IWAM. If there was a 5.1 mix on the DVD, Steve would have said so.

I am afraid that all the wishing in the world ain't gonna work this time. :(

(Steve, if you're lurking, give us the final word here. THANKS!)

I would even buy the 2CD set if they offered the 5.1 download with that edition too. Still a better option than the expensive box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be happy with this option as well unless they had a download only choice but doesn't seem like any of the majors want to go this route yet.

Apart from the whole 5.1 issue, it's a shame the bonus tracks don't include Christine's soundtrack cover of I Can't Help Falling In Love which features Mick, John and Lindsey and ultimately lead to Tango being recorded.

So, no LOSSY DTS 5.1 mix on Tango ......a NO buy for me, as well, but wouldn't it be splendid if that long~rumoured Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mix does exist, Audio Fidelity could release it down the pike as a 5.1 SACD since I understand there is still that Elliot Scheiner connection with AF??????:banana:

Got to admit, without surround I just am not interested. For Mirage I ended up keeping the surround disc and giving the CDs and vinyl away in a company email trivia contest.

Direct PM From Steve Woolard himself:
There truly is no 5.1 mix for Tango, period.
I wish it wasn't so.

So there we have it.
The 5.1 download thing reported by SpinCDs appears to be completely bogus.
This is a set consisting of CDs, vinyl, a stereo DVD, and nothing else.

So there we have it.

The Nanners are angry :howl

So there we have it.

Dammit. OK, so this begs the question. I can understand where certain sites were "saying" it might have a 5.1 mix included on the DVD..but in the case of Spin CD - there were claiming something totally different with the download. How on earth could they get something so different (disc vs download) screwed up?

Odd......

I for one will not by any more of there junk just to support them anymore. if they can't get things like this out at 5.1 for the price forget it.
I'll go back to work on my 61 Impala if I want a Corvette frame under it I just put it there myself. This was one of my favorite albums along with Don't shoot me by elton john they couldn't even get that out :confused: I might even turn my am radio on to top forty or go to talk radio.:mad:
Vented but don't feel better

So there we have it.

I think a bit of cursing is in order...

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT! (n)

Just adding to the choir here:

Sad to hear that there appears to be no 5.1 mix for this one.

I happily ponied up the relatively big bucks for the Tusk and Mirage sets even though all I wanted was the surround disc (although the alternate takes were fun, particularly on Tusk...the alternate version for "Brown Eyes" with the full Peter Green solo was fantastic :music ), but:

To TPTB: No surround mix, no buy for me.

Jon

p.s. I guess the only silver lining here is that we know a 5.1 mix for the self-titled "White" album does exist so hopefully that will be up next for release...

I too am gutted by the lack of 5.1 on this release. Tango is one of my favourite FM albums, especially as it comes with some lovely associated memories for me when it was released.

Ho hum... :(

Oh Well................

..... thats an Albatross around the neck of this release :violin

So there we have it.

Back