Fleetwood Mac - "Tango in the Night" Deluxe Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going by how a few of us are coming across BD failures after not @#$$*& time at all it :mad: might be preferable - if it trully exists that is! That said SpinCDs must have got the info from some official PR note.

Whoever you had emailed - did they ever comment? Seems someone should tell them they are listing incorrect information. It makes me weep to still read it in their listing. :yikes

$$$$$ Money saved. (y)

and when they realize the piss poor sales of the Deluxe Box as compared to remastered cd editions of this disc......well just maybe, they can save face and issue a Deluxe 5.1 of the 75 disc. :smokin

$$$$$ Money saved. (y)

and when they realize the piss poor sales of the Deluxe Box as compared to remastered cd editions of this disc......well just maybe, they can save face and issue a Deluxe 5.1 of the 75 disc. :smokin

Well since a (unreleased) 5.1 mix already exists for the '75 album, I would say we are in a much better position to get that album released in surround than "Tango".
Look at Steve's last sentence in his direct PM to me concerning the absence of a 5.1 mix for "Tango": "I wish it was not so."
This guy is on our side! So I am certain they will do the right thing and include the 5.1 mix on DVD when the '75 album is released in a similar deluxe edition box set.

:)

I would love it if this set sells significantly fewer copies than the other Fleetwood Mac Deluxe sets that include surround mixes... but, as AF's actions seem to reflect, we (the surround community) probably over-value our contributions to sales:(

Still, I'll be doing my part by NOT purchasing this set (until the secret, hidden surround mix is located;))

sad the rumours of an unreleased Scheiner 5.1 turned out to be untrue :(

edit: iirc this one's quite effective thru the Involve mode of the Surround Master,
so that'll have to do for now I guess

I am like most and I will not be purchasing. I only purchased the deluxe box of Mirage, and have listened to the very expensive 5.1 two times.
I have purchased Tango awhile ago, HDTracks 24/192 FLAC stereo and have listened multiple times and am quite happy.

sad the rumours of an unreleased Scheiner 5.1 turned out to be untrue :(

edit: iirc this one's quite effective thru the Involve mode of the Surround Master,
so that'll have to do for now I guess

Bummer, indeed, Adam Blue. But what ever happened to that old phrase it takes 5 +1 to Tango......or is that a hoedown?:banana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlnbmZK7GxU

I would love it if this set sells significantly fewer copies than the other Fleetwood Mac Deluxe sets that include surround mixes... but, as AF's actions seem to reflect, we (the surround community) probably over-value our contributions to sales:(

Still, I'll be doing my part by NOT purchasing this set (until the secret, hidden surround mix is located;))

The lesser purchases of this deluxe set due to lack of 5.1 will be noticed, I think anyway. I Can't really compare one SACD price to one box set in overall sales lost. And let's not forget that it's not only QQ members who buy for surround.
:D

Maybe , just maybe it could spur a push for more surround from Rhino, as it does sell and that's the business their in. Hopefully they will release the 1975 Mac 5.1 for fall ? Or even more optimistically they will issue a stand alone 5.1 of Tango ?

The lesser purchases of this deluxe set due to lack of 5.1 will be noticed, I think anyway. I Can't really compare one SACD price to one box set in overall sales lost. And let's not forget that it's not only QQ members who buy for surround.
:D

Maybe , just maybe it could spur a push for more surround from Rhino, as it does sell and that's the business their in. Hopefully they will release the 1975 Mac 5.1 for fall ? Or even more optimistically they will issue a stand alone 5.1 of Tango ?

I have confidence that the '75 album box will come with surround since that surround mix already exists, but the window of opportunity has now passed by for "Tango" in 5.1, especially as a separate release. If they can't put it in a box set, they won't put it out at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone just needs to get in Mick's ear - Mick's always up for a quid and if he could be convinced there were sales in stand-alone discs or a Quadio style box set of just the 5.1 mixes he'd be all over it.

I've posted suggestions to this effect on the Fleetwood Ledge fan forum, but Mick seems to be one of the few members that doesn't have some sort of occasional presence there.

Someone just needs to get in Mick's ear - Mick's always up for a quid and if he could be convinced there were sales in stand-alone discs or a Quadio style box set of just the 5.1 mixes he'd be all over it.

I've posted suggestions to this effect on the Fleetwood Ledge fan forum, but Mick seems to be one of the few members that doesn't have some sort of occasional presence there.

Convincing the band members is one thing, but then the idea would still have to get past the label.
Plus I highly doubt they would release a Blu-Ray box set until after they are finished releasing all of the individual deluxe box sets, so I can't see something like this happening until 2018 at the earliest.
And even if this idea did come to pass, it might only include previously completed 5.1 mixes, which would rule out the inclusion of "Tango"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like I said to GOS, "If you will it (dude) it is no dream."

;)

I am the Walrus...

My favorite film of all time! :banana:

4ff.gif

Release date has been pushed back to March 10th, and amazon have also published the full track listing, confirming that there is no 5.1 mix included at all.

TANGO IN THE NIGHT: DELUXE EDITION includes a third disc that compiles more than a dozen 12” mixes. Dub versions of “Seven Wonders” and “Everywhere” are featured along with an extended version “Little Lies” remixed by John “Jellybean” Benitez. The collection also comes with a DVD that contains videos for five singles: “Big Love,” “Seven Wonders,” “Little Lies,” “Family Man,” and “Everywhere.”

CD: 2
1. Down Endless Street (Remastered)
2. Special Kind of Love (Demo)
3. Seven Wonders (Early Version)
4. Tango in the Night (Demo)
5. Mystified (Alternate Version)
6. Book of Miracles (Instrumental)
7. Where We Belong (Demo)
8. Ricky (Remastered)
9. Juliet (Run-Through)
10. Isn't It Midnight (Alternate Mix)
11. Ooh My Love (Demo)
12. Mystified (Instrumental Demo)
13. You And I, Part II (Full Version)

CD: 3
1. Big Love (Extended Remix) [Remastered]
2. Big Love (House On The Hill Dub) [Remastered]
3. Big Love (Piano Dub) [Remastered]
4. Big Love (Remix/Edit) [Remastered]
5. Seven Wonders (Extended Version) [Remastered]
6. Seven Wonders (Dub) [Remastered]
7. Little Lies (Extended Version) [Remastered]
8. Little Lies (Dub) [Remastered]
9. Family Man (Extended Vocal Remix) [Remastered]
10. Family Man (I'm a Jazz Man Dub) [Remastered]
11. Family Man (Extended Guitar Version) [Remastered]
12. Family Man (Bonus Beats) [Remastered]
13. Everywhere (12" Version) [Remastered]
14. Everywhere (Dub) [Remastered]

812oo0flCnL._SL1500_.jpg

OK Ryan...thanks for the post. To be honest, I was sort of holding my breath when I saw your post. Sick person that I am...I was hoping you were going to say a mistake had been made...and in fact a 5.1 download was going to be part of the deal.

:yikes

Honestly...I didn't really expect that...but in my sleepless state of mind, I had hoped for a miracle.
Thanks for keeping us updated.

So CD 2 has "You and I part II (full version)" but no "part I" which was the b-side to "Big Love"...

Is this a misprint of some sort? Or is "part I" not included?

So CD 2 has "You and I part II (full version)" but no "part I" which was the b-side to "Big Love"...

Is this a misprint of some sort? Or is "part I" not included?

The 'full version' does include Part I according to Steve Woolard (Rhino) on IMWAN.

Back